X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1LT to CPT

When do promotions for 1LT to CPT take place? I was reading a regulation about an Annual Promotion List. When does this list take effect, do you have to wait for the list before you get promoted? Is there a certain month of the year it comes out?

Re: 1LT to CPT

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
    When do promotions for 1LT to CPT take place? I was reading a regulation about an Annual Promotion List. When does this list take effect, do you have to wait for the list before you get promoted? Is there a certain month of the year it comes out?
    My packet went to the board in October and I'm expecting orders in March...but that's hardly definitive.

Comment

Yeah...I don't know what to make of it....I figured that was the case.....

I am promotable to CPT this month, but I'm looking to become a Chaplain early next year....I guess I"m cool with waiting. I don't want to progress through the ranks too fast because once you make MAJ(as a chaplain) you are stuck in the reserve.....

I reckon a little extra time as a 1LT will not hurt.

Comment

In the NJ ARNG, typically when you start to develop gray hair.

Comment

sounds competitive.....

Comment

sounds competitive.....
            Trust us, it's not. It's because we don't have a real mechanism to force out under-performing officers, thus, forcing better performing officers to wait in a first in first promoted queue.

Comment

As a Chaplain you work at the battalion level, so it doesn't get competitive until O4......and that is like 10 years down the road.

Can you be passed over twice as a 1LT and separated?

Comment

You've got to be more specific. There are several different boards that meet that can affect an officer's promotion. Generally in the RC, a board meets and only recommends the officer for promotion. He or she still must find a slot to accept the promotion.

As far as passed over, for basic branch officers, it's usually because they have not completed their military or civilian education by their second look. It is still possible the officer be retained in the RC though.

Again, a lot of it will depend on the situation of the officer and current guidance for that year.

Comment

Working...
                X