X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRR Officer to Aviation question

Anyone know if it is possible for me to take the AFAST/SIFT and flight physical while I'm still in IRR?

My wife and I are waiting on a couple job possibilities before deciding on what state to move and join the guard with. However, it would be nice if I could lean forward and get these tests completed.

Any info or reference would be great.

Brad

Re: IRR Officer to Aviation question

Originally posted by jba View Post
    Anyone know if it is possible for me to take the AFAST/SIFT and flight physical while I'm still in IRR?

My wife and I are waiting on a couple job possibilities before deciding on what state to move and join the guard with. However, it would be nice if I could lean forward and get these tests completed.

Any info or reference would be great.

Brad
    I think it is possible but if you're a commissioned officer in the IRR, there's a very slim chance that a state would save an AV slot for an unknown from the IRR unless you are already AV branch qualified.

If you're serious about AV, you may need to consider reverting to a warrant officer.

Vacant AV commissioned officer slots are very hard to come by in the ARNG. Most have probably already been spoken for.

Comment

Re: IRR Officer to Aviation question

If it's possible I'd like to know how. I'm sure it involves a referral, but since I'm not with a unit, who would give it?

If any Aviators or someone who could refer me to one could PM me. I'd love to chat offline. I'm in the northern VA area. So I am looking from anywhere in VA, WV, MD, PA.

Comment

Working...
      X