X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Officer

I just wanted to find out my options. I am currently 09S and leaving for BCT in January. I signed up with the Guard because I wanted to pursue a civillian career but serve as an officer also. Currently I am wondering about serving in the military full time. Are there any options to go AD as an officer coming from the Guard or am I contracted to be drilling here for the next 8 years? I guess I'm just wondering want options there are if I decided I wanted to work for the military full time. Thank you for your response

Re: AD Officer

Originally posted by tua05737 View Post
    I just wanted to find out my options. I am currently 09S and leaving for BCT in January. I signed up with the Guard because I wanted to pursue a civillian career but serve as an officer also. Currently I am wondering about serving in the military full time. Are there any options to go AD as an officer coming from the Guard or am I contracted to be drilling here for the next 8 years? I guess I'm just wondering want options there are if I decided I wanted to work for the military full time. Thank you for your response
    It probably would have helped you to look through similar threads before you enlisted as a 09S with the ARNG. It's unlikely that you would be able to get a conditional release to go AD.

Comment

You might be able to drop the 09S and contract as an SMP cadet with ROTC, that may be the only realistic option.

Comment

You'd have a slim possibility of going active duty at this point as an officer. Why not try and put together an OCS packet for active duty?

Comment

Working...
        X