Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flight School student transition to Active Duty?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight School student transition to Active Duty?

I have seven years prior enlistment experience and am now a 2LT in Flight School. I'm interested in transitioning to Active Duty as soon as possible. I've always had T10 and T32 ADOS jobs plus a deployment since joining. I grow tired of searching for new ADOS jobs and the constant possibility of funding depleting for ADOS jobs. I've got a few months left here at Flight School (UH-60A). How long should I wait until I attempt to get the ball rolling with an Active Duty liaison to avoid angst with my current guard unit?

Re: Flight School student transition to Active Duty?

Originally posted by PEH2012 View Post
    I have seven years prior enlistment experience and am now a 2LT in Flight School. I'm interested in transitioning to Active Duty as soon as possible. I've always had T10 and T32 ADOS jobs plus a deployment since joining. I grow tired of searching for new ADOS jobs and the constant possibility of funding depleting for ADOS jobs. I've got a few months left here at Flight School (UH-60A). How long should I wait until I attempt to get the ball rolling with an Active Duty liaison to avoid angst with my current guard unit?
    I ask you this: How willing do you think your state is going to be to release you to Active Duty (if AD will even accept you) after paying for flight school (one of the longest BOLC out there)?

Comment

You don't just "transition". On a scale of 1 to 10, there is exactly a -.562 chance that this will happen.

Comment

How long should I wait until I attempt to get the ball rolling with an Active Duty liaison to avoid angst with my current guard unit?
        Wait about six more years until you've completed your obligation.

Your initial difficulty isn't with the active component (although they will eventually become a problem in your scenario), but with gaining a release from your obligation, which you worked very hard to make. You are certainly welcome to request an early release, although you may not achieve your desired end state in the desired timeframe.

There's also no guarantee that the active component will take you. I presume they will, and have no reason to think otherwise, although they do their own things for their own reasons.
        Last edited by matthew.ritchie; November 9th, 2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X