Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resignation question

Hello all,
    I am a recently branch-qualified 2LT...commissioned through my state's OCS. My life has changed to the point where the guard is becoming a HUGE burden (causing trouble at work and home-I don't want to give more details than that)...My question is-how can I resign my commission? I've been in since 2008; and commission for over a year now (I make 1LT in Feb). Can anyone tell me when is the soonest I can resign and get out-Is it that easy? Thanks in advance...

Re: resignation question

Moved to the Officers section for you.

LTC Ritchie is very familiar with ins and outs of officerhood. Although sometimes he prefers to keep the QAs in the forums so future soldiers can search for and benefit from these discussions. http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...atthew-ritchie Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by cjmj26 View Post
      Hello all,
      I am a recently branch-qualified 2LT...commissioned through my state's OCS. My life has changed to the point where the guard is becoming a HUGE burden (causing trouble at work and home-I don't want to give more details than that)...My question is-how can I resign my commission? I've been in since 2008; and commission for over a year now (I make 1LT in Feb). Can anyone tell me when is the soonest I can resign and get out-Is it that easy? Thanks in advance...
      There are many that have resigned their commissions but if there's even a possibility that you will regret the decision in the future, think long and hard about it.

Although this isn't a complete solution, find out if you can transfer to the IRR. Of course there's always the possibility of mobilizing from the IRR, it may give you an opportunity to come back in the future if you work out your issues and not too much time has transpired.

Best of luck.

Comment

You have a regulatory obligation of eight years from the time of initial entry onto military service. You have a contractual obligation upon commissioning of six years drilling, starting on commissioning day. If you're seeking release earlier than that, your chain of command can endorse your request to the TAG for an early release. My recommendation is that you socialize this idea with your chain of command first before making a formal request. Take all their questions and challenges, and pre-address them in the write-up on your formal request to make it more compelling.

Comment

Working...
        X