Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post OCS

Hi All,

I've just started the application process (lengthiest ever in my experience) and was wondering how to request assignment to a specific unit from my Recruiter. I would like to join the airborne units of the TX ARNG (1-143rd to be precise). Is it something the Recruiter can help with? We didn't discuss it in detail but he mentioned it in passing and I noted the unit (1st battalion, 143rd regiment. I checked out the unit's Facebook page and I see they have their own recruiters. I like mine, and hope to continue my enlistment with him.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Post OCS

If you are wanting that unit straight out of OCS, it doesn't work that way. You'll get accessed into your branch (based on your performane, scores, etc) once you complete OCS in an Order of Merit List. My reccomendation - INF is hard to get as a officer. There is a lot of competition. Go to OCS, do you absolute best and see where your cards fall. Be advised though, you can be branched anything... needs of the army.

There is another way to get what you want in the NG as an officer, but it is legnthy so I wont go into detail here. And its still not a sure bet.

Comment

True. Texas uses a OML. I had a classmate from Texas at OCS who wanted combat arms....In fact, his 3 choices were all combat arms...and I'm pretty sure he ended up Ordinance, and didn't even know until nearly the end of OCS.

Comment

That happened to a lot of the LTs in the class I was slated for (Class 54). No one in that class got MI. I was pretty happy with my decision to go over to ROTC. Friends of mine who commission way ahead of me are just now going to BOLC. Bad juju all around...

Comment

Thanks for your replies gentlemen. Even though I understand the Army has it needs, and certainly this fact won't deter my decision to enlist, I sure hope it gets easier for me to get assigned to at least Combat Arms.

Thanks Again.

Comment

Working...
          X