Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polo - you NJ guys ok?

Polo,

Hope you NJ guys, and really anyone being hit hard by this storm, are doing alright. I'm guessing you've already been activated...? Either way, stay safe out there.

Re: Polo - you NJ guys ok?

Originally posted by collk22 View Post
    Polo,

Hope you NJ guys, and really anyone being hit hard by this storm, are doing alright. I'm guessing you've already been activated...? Either way, stay safe out there.
    Not activated yet. Watching the show from my buddy's place in Flemington. Had I stayed home (Hoboken), I'd likely be stranded without power right now. We've got our power inverters ready for when the electricity quits. Stay tuned...

Comment

Originally posted by collk22 View Post
      Polo,

The deuce and a half that caused a power outage in upper township by taking out a telephone pole was not helpful of the situation, but I hope the soldiers are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        The deuce and a half that caused a power outage in upper township by taking out a telephone pole was not helpful of the situation, but I hope the soldiers are ok.
        Just got word the troops are ok, but a civilian died.

Comment

Just got word the troops are ok, but a civilian died.
          Link? What state did this occur in?

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
            Link? What state did this occur in?
            NJ, route 50 in upper township...no news link. It hasn't been aired.

Comment

NJ, route 50 in upper township...no news link. It hasn't been aired.
              I have a photo but these forums will never let me attach anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                Not activated yet. Watching the show from my buddy's place in Flemington. Had I stayed home (Hoboken), I'd likely be stranded without power right now. We've got our power inverters ready for when the electricity quits. Stay tuned...
                Same here.

Some personnel from my company are staged at Monmouth University.

Based on my contact with those mobilized to shelter facilities, there's enough troops staffing them. NJ was fortunate in that the 1-114th IN, 102nd CAV, and Aviation BN were drilling this weekend so it was easier to get enough troops to those locations that required assistance.

However, the clean-up is going to be a mess.

Comment

Well. There goes the power. Tethered from the phone.

Comment

Do you think the Jersey Shore cast is fist pumping at Seaside Heights right now as the boardwalk gets washed away?

Comment

I've been activated at a shelter in Monmouth university since Sunday. So far so good

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                        Do you think the Jersey Shore cast is fist pumping at Seaside Heights right now as the boardwalk gets washed away?
                        They likely finished filming the season months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                          They likely finished filming the season months ago.
                          Damn, I was kind of hoping that they would all be on the boardwalk as the surge rolled in screaming YOLO!!! as they got whisked away....................

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                            Damn, I was kind of hoping that they would all be on the boardwalk as the surge rolled in screaming YOLO!!! as they got whisked away....................
                            The only person that might survive is Jwowww because of her flotation devices.

In all seriousness, not a single house in my town has power. There are no working traffic lights. Trees are down everywhere. It's a giant mess.

Comment

Seems like we got a good headcount from you guys; glad everyone is doing alright, even if you're without power.

Comment

Working...
                              X