Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AKO and BOLC Phase 1

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
    Really?? Try that one again.....
    What was stated is a very accurate statement, so yes...really.

Polo > Redleg

Comment

Keep it on topic guys. Disagreeing with each other does not constitute disrespect. If you have a philosophical disagreement, I encourage you to discuss it through PM.

That being said, OP, did you get the issue resolved? Was it possibly a browser hang up? Some work better than others at certificates and the video formats AKO uses for classes. When I took the drivers HAZMAT class recently, Chrome was the only one that worked for me. Just a thought...
      Last edited by RyCass; October 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Dear Second LT.

Yes, I am currently just finishing the distance learning part of BOLC phase 1. I do have some questions for you that will help me troubleshoot.

1) What type of computer are you using? A PC or a MAC?
        The ALMS system is only set up to use a PC with Internet Explorer as it's supported browswer. You will want to do this....do NOT try to use a MAC.....it will not work. If you don't have a PC, you should try to check one out from your training NCO.
        2) Have you installed all DOD certificates from: www.militarycac.com
        You will need this otherwise you will get errors that will not allow you to proceed. You will also need to disable cookies. You can find out the system requirements on the above website. Also, you must have JAVASCRIPT to allow the buttons to work.
        3) If you have not scrolled through all of the modules ---there is one that is an "INTRO" at the end of the modules. The modules are sequential, you must complete one before opening the next.
        4) During getting through PHASE 1; utilize the ALMS help desk. They know how to direct you to the next step.

I hope that this helps. You will find that once you have your system set up that the use will go far more smoothly. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RyCass View Post
          Keep it on topic guys. Disagreeing with each other does not constitute disrespect. If you have a philosophical disagreement, I encourage you to discuss it through PM.

That being said, OP, did you get the issue resolved? Was it possibly a browser hang up? Some work better than others at certificates and the video formats AKO uses for classes. When I took the drivers HAZMAT class recently, Chrome was the only one that worked for me. Just a thought...
          I am still having AKO difficulties. I have drill this weekend so I will see if someone can help me get this done.

Comment

Originally posted by docpepper View Post
            Dear Second LT.

Yes, I am currently just finishing the distance learning part of BOLC phase 1. I do have some questions for you that will help me troubleshoot.

1) What type of computer are you using? A PC or a MAC?
            The ALMS system is only set up to use a PC with Internet Explorer as it's supported browswer. You will want to do this....do NOT try to use a MAC.....it will not work. If you don't have a PC, you should try to check one out from your training NCO.
            2) Have you installed all DOD certificates from: www.militarycac.com
            You will need this otherwise you will get errors that will not allow you to proceed. You will also need to disable cookies. You can find out the system requirements on the above website. Also, you must have JAVASCRIPT to allow the buttons to work.
            3) If you have not scrolled through all of the modules ---there is one that is an "INTRO" at the end of the modules. The modules are sequential, you must complete one before opening the next.
            4) During getting through PHASE 1; utilize the ALMS help desk. They know how to direct you to the next step.

I hope that this helps. You will find that once you have your system set up that the use will go far more smoothly. Good luck.

HA! you may be on to something docpepper. I do have a Macbook pro and I can only log into AKO using my cac on safari. I will try using my PC to get this done.

Comment

72D environmental science officer, waiting for board decision nextweek. Does anyone still have their pre-BOLC phase 1 study material? I'm trying to knock off some of those 80 hours before my commission actually goes through.

Thankstfxeffff4f

Comment

Working...
              X