Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKO and BOLC Phase 1

ALCON,

Does anyone know how to get the BOLC phase 1 accomplished? I am registered in AKO but it won't let me start any module...AKO is not user friendly at all. I need tips...please help.

Re: AKO and BOLC Phase 1

Originally posted by iObserve View Post
    ALCON,

Does anyone know how to get the BOLC phase 1 accomplished? I am registered in AKO but it won't let me start any module...AKO is not user friendly at all. I need tips...please help.
    What in the world is "BOLC phase 1"?

Comment

It's the distance course before heading down to SAM HOUSTON for phase 2 of the Basic Officer Leadership Course (BOLC).

Comment

It's the distance course before heading down to SAM HOUSTON for phase 2 of the Basic Officer Leadership Course (BOLC).
        Every single traditional branch has a Basic Officer Leadership Course. I would have thought that even a 2LT (or even prior service) would have known this. You must be a Direct Commission.

Moderator: Please move this thread to the AMEDD sub-forum.

Comment

He has a phase 1 didactic because he is attending the short course. Yes he is a DC. That's what the majority of AMEDD is.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
            Every single traditional branch has a Basic Officer Leadership Course. I would have thought that even a 2LT (or even prior service) would have known this. You must be a Direct Commission.

Moderator: Please move this thread to the AMEDD sub-forum.
            First of all 1LT, I suggest you tone down your attitude. I AM prior service and I DO know that every branch has a Basic officer Leadership Course, you need to go back and read what I initially wrote...my problem is not with the course but with the pathetic system that is AKO. It is NOT user friendly! Again I suggest that you work on your communication skills and stop assuming things you obviously know nothing about. Perhaps that's how you do business in NJ. By the way what is your deal with "Direct Commissioned" officers? I came here for help and not to get people like you who seek to belittle people.

Comment

LT,

Write the steps you are doing in AKO (e.g. my training) and possibly the link. Some distance learning is via blackboard. I am a Warrant so obviously dont know about that course but I have taken many courses in AKO, blackboard and other websites.

I am Signal so possible I could help.

BTW, great quote.

Comment

First of all 1LT, I suggest you tone down your attitude. I AM prior service and I DO know that every branch has a Basic officer Leadership Course, you need to go back and read what I initially wrote...my problem is not with the course but with the pathetic system that is AKO. It is NOT user friendly! Again I suggest that you work on your communication skills and stop assuming things you obviously know nothing about. Perhaps that's how you do business in NJ. By the way what is your deal with "Direct Commissioned" officers? I came here for help and not to get people like you who seek to belittle people.
                You need to grow a thicker skin. This is exactly how we do business in NJ. Stick around the forums and you'll see. We're not the forgiving type.

To save everyone the trouble of going back and re-reading what you wrote, I'll just quote it here for everyone to see:

ALCON,

You asked an ambiguous question to which you're going to get many answers (depending on who is answering and what branch BOLC they attended). The answers will range from, "What Phase 1 are you talking about?" to "(Insert a train wreck of English grammar that showstopper999 will be happy to provide you with)".

Let me ask you this, if you needed your soldiers to complete a task, would you not want to provide them with all necessary information so they can accomplish that without screwing up or coming back to get additional guidance that should have been provided the first time around?

For the record, I have no qualms with Direct Commissions. I read in-between the lines and made an educated guess that you were a DC. And I was correct. In order to best help you, I asked a moderator to move your thread into the AMEDD sub-forum so that you would get better answers.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                  LT,

Write the steps you are doing in AKO (e.g. my training) and possibly the link. Some distance learning is via blackboard. I am a Warrant so obviously dont know about that course but I have taken many courses in AKO, blackboard and other websites.

I am Signal so possible I could help.

BTW, great quote.
                  Thanks for the response. I go to Self service- My training- ALMS- Current Enrollments...it shows that I am registered for the DL phase 1, but when I click the tab, nothing works. I mean I can't get into any module to start my training. Either my training NCO or long tenured officers in my unit cant figure it out. The phase 1 DL course is a new thing for BOLC. I must confess things were a lot easier on Active Duty, I'm realizing that the Guard is a bit confusing. Thanks for the kudus on my quote, it happens to be a hypothesis that I have statistical data to prove that it holds true... Ignorance is more expensive than education.
                  Last edited by iObserve; October 7th, 2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                    You need to grow a thicker skin. This is exactly how we do business in NJ. Stick around the forums and you'll see. We're not the forgiving type.

To save everyone the trouble of going back and re-reading what you wrote, I'll just quote it here for everyone to see:

You asked an ambiguous question to which you're going to get many answers (depending on who is answering and what branch BOLC they attended). The answers will range from, "What Phase 1 are you talking about?" to "(Insert a train wreck of English grammar that showstopper999 will be happy to provide you with)".

Let me ask you this, if you needed your soldiers to complete a task, would you not want to provide them with all necessary information so they can accomplish that without screwing up or coming back to get additional guidance that should have been provided the first time around?

For the record, I have no qualms with Direct Commissions. I read in-between the lines and made an educated guess that you were a DC. And I was correct. In order to best help you, I asked a moderator to move your thread into the AMEDD sub-forum so that you would get better answers.
                    Don't patronize me...how about you just go away??? If you can't lend a helping hand then don't bother me. For the record my brother in-law is a Colonel on the Active Duty Army side, I used to be none AMEDD active duty. My point is I have no AMEDD influence at all, in fact I am very new to the whole AMEDD side of things so I don't get your Direct Commission correlation at all.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I go to Self service- My training- ALMS- Current Enrollments...it shows that I am registered for the DL phase 1, but when I click the tab, nothing works. I mean I can't get into any module to start my training. Either my training NCO or long tenured officers in my unit cant figure it out. The phase 1 DL course is a new thing for BOLC. I must confess things were a lot easier on Active Duty, I'm realizing that the Guard is a bit confusing. Thanks for the kudus on my quote, it happens to be a hypothesis that I have statistical data to prove that it holds true... Ignorance is more expensive than education.
                      Oh, the famous ALMS. I had to complete my additional safety officer course requirements and had issues. Does it have a tab that shows START COURSE? Also, there are other areas where there are a + sign that you need to drill down to, to get to another area that opens it.

Are you using a personal or government computer? Also, use internet explorer for your browser.

Comment

Don't patronize me...how about you just go away??? If you can't lend a helping hand then don't bother me. For the record my brother in-law is a Colonel on the Active Duty Army side, I used to be none AMEDD active duty. My point is I have no AMEDD influence at all, in fact I am very new to the whole AMEDD side of things so I don't get your Direct Commission correlation at all.
                        Sir...I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting the LT, he was giving a legit explanation of his first post. He is one of the more productive contributors this forum.

Stick around and you'll find all sorts of useful information, and I imagine you'll have useful input that you'll be able to give on topics as well, since you are prior service.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                          Sir...I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting the LT, he was giving a legit explanation of his first post. He is one of the more productive contributors this forum.

Stick around and you'll find all sorts of useful information, and I imagine you'll have useful input that you'll be able to give on topics as well, since you are prior service.
                          Really?? Try that one again.....

OP, ALMS is truly a pain. Try using thier help desk number or find someone who can walk you through it. Once you get the course going, it's actually pretty easy. The hard part is registering and getting the course going.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
                            You two are so adorable when you argue.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post

OP, ALMS is truly a pain. Try using thier help desk number or find someone who can walk you through it. Once you get the course going, it's actually pretty easy. The hard part is registering and getting the course going.

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                              You two are so adorable when you argue.
                              Now, I have to go back to work on my State of the New Jersey Army National Guard speech. And I worked on it until pretty late last night. But I want to say one thing to the people of this forum. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that man, RedLeg. I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the people of this forum. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X