X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resign Commision from the Guard and Enlist Active Duty

I am an ROTC graduate via the GRFD Program. I commissioned in 2010 as an AMEDD officer (70B) and am interested in resigning my commission as an officer in the National Guard and enlisting in the Active Component. Does ANYONE have any input for this issue? Anything in writing would be very beneficial and highly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Resign Commision from the Guard and Enlist Active Duty

I guess I'm not clear on what you're asking. Are you looking for information on HOW to resign your commission? Are you asking if it's possible to enlist Active Duty Army?

Can you give us a little more insight to what you're looking for?

Comment

Absolutely. I am asking if it is possible to resign a commission in the NG and then enlist AD. If so, what is the process. Thanks!

Comment

I don't belive the AD is currently accepting prior service applicants outside of the call to active duty program. I just actioned a 368 from a young E4 who is bring released to the Marines from us because AD army wouldn't take him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
          I don't belive the AD is currently accepting prior service applicants outside of the call to active duty program. I just actioned a 368 from a young E4 who is bring released to the Marines from us because AD army wouldn't take him.
          Mongoose makes an excellent point. Make sure you talk to an Active Duty recruiter before you resign anything.

Comment

Working...
          X