X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venting Thread - Soldier Issues

I'm at my wit's end with soldiers right now; three guys have been command referred for mental health evaluations in the last 60 days and I don't really know what to do. The R3SP paperwork checks out; they're not reporting anything nor are they talking to anyone in the unit about problems at home. I just got word of a possible MOB (see my JA/NOS Conference thread) and I need guys to start to put on the game face. They say command is the most reward and stressful time of your career; still waiting on the reward part.

Re: Venting Thread - Soldier Issues

Originally posted by collk22 View Post
    I'm at my wit's end with soldiers right now; three guys have been command referred for mental health evaluations in the last 60 days and I don't really know what to do. The R3SP paperwork checks out; they're not reporting anything nor are they talking to anyone in the unit about problems at home. I just got word of a possible MOB (see my JA/NOS Conference thread) and I need guys to start to put on the game face. They say command is the most reward and stressful time of your career; still waiting on the reward part.

So resign.

Comment

I hope the XO, 1SG, PLs, PSGs, SLs, TLs are feeling your pain. You sound like a one man show.

If you have, re-read the book.

http://militaryphilosopher.blogspot....f-command.html

I divide officers into four classes the clever, the lazy, the stupid, and the industrious. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the high staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy is fit for the very highest command. He has the temperament and the requisite nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious must be removed immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
        So resign.
        That would be one way to end the stress...but it's not an option; I'm not going to quit because of the stress of the job. I wish I could come up with a better way to get in front of these issues and help the soldiers out before it becomes a problem.

I appreciate your valuable insight, staff sergeant, I wish I would have thought of that idea myself.

Comment

Originally posted by collk22 View Post
          I appreciate your valuable insight, staff sergeant, I wish I would have thought of that idea myself.
          You know us NCO's. Always have the good ideas

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            I hope the XO, 1SG, PLs, PSGs, SLs, TLs are feeling your pain. You sound like a one man show.

I agree with this. These problems do not seem so abnormal. Actually, I wished we had these problems in comparison when we deployed.

Comment

Those issues are pretty shitty to deal with, especially when you are looking at 3 guys with the same issue all at once.

At the squad and platoon level the soldier issues are never ******* ending. Thing is sir, you probably only know about 20% of all the soldier issues going on at any given time in the company. NCO's try to handle issues and problems at their level first before pushing it up. All kinds of **** happens between drill, soldiers getting in bar fights, soldiers getting arrested for criminal speeding, soldiers getting evicted from their appartments, wife leaves them, baby moma drama etc. Every month is an adventure lol! If there is an issue that obviously needs command attention it gets pushed up immediately but for everything else there is a NCO. I've written memo's, talked to employers, sacrificed many saturday mornings to conduct PT with soldiers on the edge of getting kicked out, offered up my couch, even talked to a police officer after one of my joes got in a fight and sent the other guy to the hospital. Oh well, I wanted this job and the responsibilty.

Comment

Working...
              X