X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Officer trying to switch to NG

Pretty self explanitory. I have until about 2016 until my contract ends due to an Adso. Should be coming up on the CPT list this fall. Have no interest in staying active. Also i am coming off a deployment soon so my dwell time should be reset if that has anything to do with it.

Re: Active Officer trying to switch to NG

Originally posted by 4/25Artilleryofficer View Post
    Pretty self explanitory. I have until about 2016 until my contract ends due to an Adso. Should be coming up on the CPT list this fall. Have no interest in staying active. Also i am coming off a deployment soon so my dwell time should be reset if that has anything to do with it.
    Alaska or Hawaii? We replaced 3/25 this year. I am on the downslope but still not a double-digit midget. Wish you the best of luck LT.

Comment

Is There anyone that can explain the process in Detail how to go into the Guard from ACTIVE DUTY? (AK)

Comment

Is There anyone that can explain the process in Detail how to go into the Guard from ACTIVE DUTY? (AK)
        The best resource to transition from Active Duty Army to the Army National Guard is to talk with a Reserve Component Transition Officer (Silver Siege Recruiter) located on all Army posts, usually in the same location as ACAP or post out processing. They can assist in finding a unit, with open availability, to transition into with either the Army Guard or Army Reserve.

Comment

The required documents are fairly simple, the part that requires the most attention from you is finding a pinpoint assignment. The RCCC on post is your first stop. If you have a Silver Siege recruiter, that's the best person, but at the least the RCCC can put you in touch with the Officer Strength Manager (OSM) in your future home state.

Once you have worked out a pinpoint assignment, you'll complete an NGB62e, submit a few documents from iPERMS to verify your eligibility (e.g., DA1059, college transcript, promotion documents), and a few pay documents (e.g., W4, DD2058). Your OSM may have additional requirements. When I was Virginia's OSM, I always demanded more than the minimum required by regulation, because I wanted to prevent common future problems by having certain key documents in the right place. I strongly recommend completing the packet well in advance of your separation date. As your separation approaches, and you're packing boxes, clearing post, arranging for new housing, etc., you won't have any mental energy to complete the packet. Once your packet is approved, you'll execute the Oath of Office (NGB337) based on guidance from your OSM.

The process gets complicated under the following conditions:
          - OSM not responsive.
          - The transitioning officer not responsive.
          - Waivers necessary.

Comment

IM pretty sure the OP is asking about becoming a Guardsman now, without fullfilling his ADSO.

Comment

Depending on the state that you want to transfer to, I would look into staying on Active Duty long enough to get the FACCC just in case the state is or becomes broke. Are AD CPTs typically sent to that shortly after promoting to CPT?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                Depending on the state that you want to transfer to, I would look into staying on Active Duty long enough to get the FACCC just in case the state is or becomes broke. Are AD CPTs typically sent to that shortly after promoting to CPT?
                Usually you have a date as soon as you become promotable.

I saw that someone mentioned seperating. I technically still have a 3 year adso. So i wont dropping a REFRAD packet.

Comment

Working...
                X