Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R&R Policy Change

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
    So you are still in Kuwait and you are doing a 365 correct?
    It won't end up being quite a 365 but we/I deployed before any of these last changes went into effect. Almost all of our people have rotated through leave already, and I opted not to take any. It is chargeble in Kuwait.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
      It won't end up being quite a 365 but we/I deployed before any of these last changes went into effect. Almost all of our people have rotated through leave already, and I opted not to take any. It is chargeble in Kuwait.
      I have a question that is off-topic. Do they still give combat/hazardous duty pay for Kuwait? And you get the GWOT expeditionary medal correct?

Comment

If you are on 270 day mobilization orders then obviously this wont happen.

If you are on 365 day orders with a month at a mob station you are going to get leave. The intent in that wording is not to start everyones leave on the 271st day in theater, just like you are saying, that is impossible.
        I was tracking on the part in bold; I deployed in 2010 so I understand the strength management portion of R&R.

With regard to the other information, a NG/USAR unit on a 365 MOB would be eligible for R&R, even though BOG time is only around 9 months? That would mean that NG/USAR would get leave (in many cases), but the active component does not...?

Comment

Originally posted by collk22 View Post
          I was tracking on the part in bold; I deployed in 2010 so I understand the strength management portion of R&R.

With regard to the other information, a NG/USAR unit on a 365 MOB would be eligible for R&R, even though BOG time is only around 9 months? That would mean that NG/USAR would get leave (in many cases), but the active component does not...?
          That is what it says, whether they apply it in that fashion only time will tell.

What cityslick is saying is the TCS orders taking you overseas may be written stating not exceeding 270 days, meaning that would block your leave even if your initial orders were for not exceeding 400....which I presume would stay that way because MOB stations are some what of a cluster at times.

Comment

Like we said; it will stipulate it on your orders. Since I am active; my unit regardless if its 270 or 365 takes block leave prior to the deployment and has block leave when we return but the amount of days in theater will determine if you are eligible for R&R and that means your orders have to state for more than 270 days. Perhaps, during your 365 days MOB, you might be able to take the leave while stateside. I don't know. If I run into a Guardsman/Reservist on my FOB that recently arrived within the last two months; I will ask them that question.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, same pay benefits as any other deployment (although I can't see it staying that way much longer) and yes on the GWOT, unless you already have it, then you aren't really getting much in the awards category for the deployment.

Comment

That is what it says, whether they apply it in that fashion only time will tell.

What cityslick is saying is the TCS orders taking you overseas may be written stating not exceeding 270 days, meaning that would block your leave even if your initial orders were for not exceeding 400....which I presume would stay that way because MOB stations are some what of a cluster at times.
                Aaah, yes; TCS orders. I guess that could be determining factor, but I'm guessing our next trip over won't include 15 days of NCR&R.

Comment

I just enjoy watching you two guys bicker like a married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                    I just enjoy watching you two guys bicker like a married couple.
                    But in our civil union, I am the husband lol

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                      But in our civil union, I am the husband lol
                      You delivered the lulz.

Comment

Working...
                      X