X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requirements?

I was curious about what kinds of requirements or things that need to be accomplished in order to be promoted from a 2LT to a 1LT. Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

Re: Requirements?

Originally posted by JTM95 View Post
    I was curious about what kinds of requirements or things that need to be accomplished in order to be promoted from a 2LT to a 1LT. Sorry if this is in the wrong area.
    It should be "automatic" at 18 months. By automatic, I mean your state will submit a packet for you to get FedRec'd. You should be BOLC qualified by that time (DA-1059 required). Note that you will most likely not be FedRec'd on the same day that you are eligible for promotion. However, your date of promotion will be backdated to the day that you were eligible.

I'm not sure if anything else is required on your part (ie. a passing PT score, no adverse action/"flags", etc.).

Comment

Didn't you just ask if you can go to BCT after high school and AIT after your first year of college? I think you have a long way to go before you need to worry aobut going from a 2LT to a 1LT.

Comment

Originally posted by JTM95 View Post
        There is a very strict list of requirements, and all candidates for promotion are heavily scrutinized. In order to be promoted, the 2LT must:

1) Have a pulse.
        2) Have not killed himself.
        3) Have not gotten anyone else killed (this is much less strictly enforced).

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
          There is a very strict list of requirements, and all candidates for promotion are heavily scrutinized. In order to be promoted, the 2LT must:

1) Have a pulse.

LOL...when I first started reading and saw "very strict list", I was like...uhhh ok? But then I continued on and got a chuckle.

Comment

1) Have a pulse.

Wait. Have any 2LTs been promoted post humorously?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
              Is that intentional sir? Either way I can't stop laughing.......

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                I don't know. But this is a good question, because it may become relevant for a particular 2LT in my unit who is unable to pass the APFT.

Comment

Ouch. When's that guys next attempt?

Comment

I don't know. But this is a good question, because it may become relevant for a particular 2LT in my unit who is unable to pass the APFT.
                    I heard you were going to ruck him to death at Fort Drum every morning of AT.

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                    Ouch. When's that guys next attempt?
                    You mean his last attempt.

Originally posted by PALINATHAS View Post
                    Is that intentional sir? Either way I can't stop laughing.......
                    There is a very strong association between "New Jersey" and "lols" if you have not noticed already.
                    Last edited by Polo08816; July 10th, 2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Wow! That's some serious business. Is there serious consideration going into it being his last attempt? I hope he can pull it together. I almost wish I was going to AT to see the death marches.

EDIT: I also feel kinda bad. Isnt he off to IBOLC soon? He's gonna have a hard, sad, sad, sad time if he's not passing a PT test when he shows up.

Comment

Working...
                      X