X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT season is upon us!

WOW, it's that time of year again. Last year's AT was great. I know we shouldn't go into specifics, but how was your AT?

In the Guard you get at least 15 days of Annual Training every year. How awesome it is to get out and do HOOAH HOOAH stuff? Sometimes they send you to other countries for AT, or other states.

AT can mean some range time and lots of training exercises.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; June 20th, 2012, 11:30 PM.

Re: AT season is upon us!

10+ month long AT. Currently in beautiful Fort Bliss.

Comment

I been playing AT for nearly 9 years and really far away from home (Germany, Kuwait, Krygrystan, Iraq, Afghanistan). I have earned 3105 retirement points since Jan 2004. When you going to get out here Chaplain?

Comment

Will not be long my friend.....perhaps. I have finally compiled everything to DC into the chaplaincy.

Comment

Leaving AT tomorrow!!!

Comment

TY12 AT starts in July - not super excited about it. Down to about 45% available for training due to conflicts with funding and soldiers needing NCOES.

TY13 AT will be in October '12 (ODT)...very excited about this mission, but a little anxious about having a long time between the TY13 and TY14 AT.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
              How awesome it is to get out and do HOOAH HOOAH stuff?
              Dude, are you okay?

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                Dude, are you okay?
                Anytime I get out of the armory, I get excited! HOOAH HOOAH you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                  Anytime I get out of the armory, I get excited! HOOAH HOOAH you know?
                  You sound excited. A friend that is in PAO loves to come out to the field to do his reporting because it's really the only time he gets to shoot if a unit allows him to.

Comment

In my 8 years, I only did 2 "full" Annual Trainings. Another I had left halfway through because my wife had become very sick at the time.

-2.5 ATs
                    -2 one week long state missions (wasn't chosen for another)
                    -1 deployment (avoided 3 others by chance)

The trick is to properly grease up so Uncle Sam can't catch you.

In all seriousness, it was all by chance/timing/events at the time. I'd always go where they tell me.
                    Last edited by SteveLord; June 21st, 2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HR NCO View Post
                      Leaving AT tomorrow!!!
                      Where you at?

I'm at AP Hill...being in a Division HQ has its benefits.

Comment

As I type this, I am writing from FOB Falcon, thus my absence from the forums. (Not that anyone would notice that). Anyway, this AT is great. Fully Tactical 24 hour operations from a working company sized FOB while conducting IRT Horizontal Engineer missions over the wire. Additionally we have set up 360 defensive positions which are manned. The OPFOR are wearing authentic "hadji" garb, and playing the game with continual S-2 updates is like turning the pages of a book, creating a story. We have had some starting pains over the last week. SINGARS is still not cooperating, none of the Blue Force Tracker **** is working, and just a few minutes ago we broke down and just set up 6 312 field phones from Alpha Gate to the TOC and other various "important" places on post. Everyone is a little sleep deprived, but it's been a great AT so far! Plus, we're 200 miles away from the Battalion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                          As I type this, I am writing from FOB Falcon, thus my absence from the forums. (Not that anyone would notice that). Anyway, this AT is great. Fully Tactical 24 hour operations from a working company sized FOB while conducting IRT Horizontal Engineer missions over the wire. Additionally we have set up 360 defensive positions which are manned. The OPFOR are wearing authentic "hadji" garb, and playing the game with continual S-2 updates is like turning the pages of a book, creating a story. We have had some starting pains over the last week. SINGARS is still not cooperating, none of the Blue Force Tracker **** is working, and just a few minutes ago we broke down and just set up 6 312 field phones from Alpha Gate to the TOC and other various "important" places on post. Everyone is a little sleep deprived, but it's been a great AT so far! Plus, we're 200 miles away from the Battalion.
                          Wow. Thank goodness its training

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
                            (Not that anyone would notice that).
                            Wondered where you were at...

Comment

Working...
                            X