X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ARMY website specifically for Officers/ candidates

You NJ guardsmen (officers) ((Formally)) ;P, are pretty level-headed...props.

Comment

LOL, a huge debate over web sites.

After being a member of both for probably better then 10 years, they serve a specific demographic and one is not better then the other. And yes, both sites have had forums for that long. Again, the lastest versions of both have gotten enough decent traffic that now you're getting solid information.

armyocs, is the place to go for really any officer question except very specific NG/USAR issues. Ie if you wanted to know about BOLC or an OER, I'd go there. Now if I was a former CG officer durring the Korean war and wanted to return to the NG, I'd come here (since LTC Ritchie wold know the answer).

goguard, is the place for enlisted/IST ect issues.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
        With all due respect to the Captain, he has not identified himself by name or even by unit, so he can't really demand (not that he has, to my knowledge -- I am speaking hypothetically) to be addressed according to military courtesies. To ask such a thing would be to reap all the rewards with none of the responsibilities, because if he were to act out of line, there would be no way for him to be held accountable for his actions. For that reason, I don't think anything above and beyond normal common courtesy should be expected here. ****, I have identified myself by my name, rank, position, and unit, and I still wouldn't expect even a pre-IET private to call me "sir" on a message board. It's just totally impractical and it makes the language of posts seem labored and contrived. This is a completely unofficial medium of communication and to expect that people will superimpose military customs/courtesies onto it smacks more of self-aggrandizement than a principled adherence to military bearing.
        Excellent but when someone is fresh out of the IET world and never experienced the normal ho-hum of a unit and soon to embark on an intense OCS program; you could understand the mindset of Chris (Plus an Honor Grad!!!). She is currently "hooah"/"high-speed" and by the book because she has not observed different than the coffee talk kidding around amongst senior GS civilian types, field grades (personal and impersonal ), and flag officers. In the military, we commonly use "brother" (amongst male types) when initially or engaging our peers. I haven't heard sister yet lol. Usually that term "Hero" is thrown from superior (senior NCO) to subordinate.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          Excellent but when someone is fresh out of the IET world and never experienced the normal ho-hum of a unit and soon to embark on an intense OCS program; you could understand the mindset of Chris (Plus an Honor Grad!!!). She is currently "hooah"/"high-speed" and by the book because she has not observed different than the coffee talk kidding around amongst senior GS civilian types, field grades (personal and impersonal ), and flag officers. In the military, we commonly use "brother" (amongst male types) when initially or engaging our peers. I haven't heard sister yet lol. Usually that term "Hero" is thrown from superior (senior NCO) to subordinate.
          In the internet world, "hero" means quite the opposite. This award is usually conferred upon someone who tries to save himself at the expense of others, and not only gets others killed, but also himself.

Comment

Working...
          X