X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMY website specifically for Officers/ candidates

Armyocs.com has been extremely beneficial to me as an officer candidate, the amount of info on that forum is limitless, i highly recommened it.

*fixed
    Last edited by kwelker; June 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM.

Re: ARMY website specifically for Officers/ candidates

Originally posted by kwelker View Post
    Armyocs.com has been extremely beneficial to e as an officer candidate, the amount of info on that forum is limitless, i highly recommened it.

-kyle
    P.s. if youre going to post a thread on there, check your spelling, grammer and proper title, these guys take their ranks seriously.
    That's becuase if you see thier rank, they have been vetted through thier AKO accounts. Also is writing correctly all that hard?

BTW, armyocs is a great site but keep in mind their target audience is for active duty. Someone looking at the NG could easily get the wrong answer. armyocsng site has officers/candidates from quite a few regions (not taking away from this site )

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      BTW, armyocs is a great site but keep in mind their target audience is for active duty. Someone looking at the NG could easily get the wrong answer. armyocsng site has officers/candidates from quite a few regions (not taking away from this site )
      I am not a part of armyocs but I do want to mention that everyone I know that goes there and comes here always gets different answers (99% of the time, the right answer is on here).

Comment

We have over 200 years of combined experience on this portal. Perhaps more.

Comment

I visit both pretty reqularly, and trust the info I get on here way more that over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
            I am not a part of armyocs but I do want to mention that everyone I know that goes there and comes here always gets different answers (99% of the time, the right answer is on here).
            Again, it's usually becuase someone is asking a NG/USAR question on a forum for active duty.

One thing I do like about the OCS sites is they mandate an intro. That way you can get an idea of someone's background. BTW, I made that suggestion for this site.

I will say this, the latest versions of both sites (ocs and this one) have gotten a lot better about putting out accurate information.
            Last edited by RedLeg; June 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Again, it's usually becuase someone is asking a NG/USAR question on a forum for active duty.

One thing I do like about the OCS sites is they mandate an intro. That way you can get an idea of someone's background. BTW, I made that suggestion for this site.

I will say this, the latest versions of both sites (ocs and this one) have gotten a lot better about putting out accurate information.
              It's almost pointless because with people like you (no offense) could say you're anyone. I would suggest using the signature block more than anything. Not to mention, people like me, like to remain anonymous and have only certain people know who I am

Comment

That's becuase if you see thier rank, they have been vetted through thier AKO accounts. Also is writing correctly all that hard?

Im just trying to help out brother, since when is too much info about something a bad thing? And this forum does not even touch on the finer details about PT, info about contracts, etc. i say that gramma is crucial because "kids" thes dazee lik da talk all kool like n sund lika G, Ya no maaannee. Lol

Comment

Too much information IS bad when you're talking about two different things.

A Guardsman may get tons of information there, but it more than likely going to be wrong or not to date.

Comment

Im just trying to help out brother, since when is too much info about something a bad thing? And this forum does not even touch on the finer details about PT, info about contracts, etc. i say that gramma is crucial because "kids" thes dazee lik da talk all kool like n sund lika G, Ya no maaannee. Lol
                    You also do not need to go to an AD OCS site to learn the appropriate manner in which to address an officer either. 'Brother' is a Captain..... YOU, if I remember your PM and posts correctly, are someone interested in OCS and becoming an officer; it's never too early to start exhibiting the appropriate courtesies and military bearing.

Comment

Youre right, since I have not Attended ocs, nor have i even enlisted yet, and its hard to tell if anyones wearing a uniform I dont see how Im under any obligation if your into technicalities, however i do understand that the utmost respect is warranted so i apologize.

Comment

Youre right, since I have not Attended ocs, nor have i even enlisted yet, and its hard to tell if anyones wearing a uniform I dont see how Im under any obligation if your into technicalities
                        ...which is why you don't have the OCS avatar... >.>

Comment

Not arguing that, If I had known the "rules" I wouldn't have requested it, yet. Thanks for informing me though, of course if this forum was laid out like the OCS website where ALL the info for operating on and conversing through the forum was plainly visible in specific locations on the front page, then I have been knowledgeable of the subject and not wasted your time.

Comment

Not arguing that, If I had known the "rules" I wouldn't have requested it, yet. Thanks for informing me though, of course if this forum was laid out like the OCS website where ALL the info for operating on and conversing through the forum was plainly visible in specific locations on the front page, then I have been knowledgeable of the subject and not wasted your time.
                            To be fair, this is an INTERNET forum. Anyone can claim to be anyone as Mr_Loki stated above. Without having actually vetted (and mind you, this is a forum geared towards 'recruiting' so many are not members of service) 95+% of the members on this forum, I can't see how anyone could hold anyone else accountable for not showing "military courtesies". Personally, my ego is not big enough to insist others address me in any specific manner. Likewise, my nose is not brown enough to put anyone else on a pedestal either.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                              You also do not need to go to an AD OCS site to learn the appropriate manner in which to address an officer either. 'Brother' is a Captain..... YOU, if I remember your PM and posts correctly, are someone interested in OCS and becoming an officer; it's never too early to start exhibiting the appropriate courtesies and military bearing.
                              With all due respect to the Captain, he has not identified himself by name or even by unit, so he can't really demand (not that he has, to my knowledge -- I am speaking hypothetically) to be addressed according to military courtesies. To ask such a thing would be to reap all the rewards with none of the responsibilities, because if he were to act out of line, there would be no way for him to be held accountable for his actions. For that reason, I don't think anything above and beyond normal common courtesy should be expected here. ****, I have identified myself by my name, rank, position, and unit, and I still wouldn't expect even a pre-IET private to call me "sir" on a message board. It's just totally impractical and it makes the language of posts seem labored and contrived. This is a completely unofficial medium of communication and to expect that people will superimpose military customs/courtesies onto it smacks more of self-aggrandizement than a principled adherence to military bearing.

Comment

Working...
                              X