X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard Officer wanting to transfer to Active or Reserves Component

Last edited by allger88; November 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM.

Re: National Guard Officer wanting to transfer to Active or Reserves Component

If you really want to serve in he active component, then resign your commission and enlist.

Comment

Or if you meet the requirements; you can apply for AD WOFT and become a Warrant Officer Aviator.

Last board results had numerous LT/CPTs that were selected.

Comment

I have been career counseling new ROTC Cadets and have been telling them to consider wisely the path they pursue now. The GRF folks that commission into a Reserve component won't see active duty. In fact, many of the poorer performers that WANT active duty aren't being selected. There are several creative ways to "Guard Bum" in a full time status, but they won't be convenient to your spouse's assignments. Of course, this could all change if North Korea invades South Korea, Iran or Egypt invade Israel, or Canada attacks Wisconsin. They may be begging for officer's then. You have to protect the Cheese Heads at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by allger88 View Post
          I am currently serving with the MOARNG as an MP and my wife is active duty Army. I am eligible for CPT within the next year and attempting to transfer components. I know there are programs such as the Call to Active Duty (CAD) through HRC. However, is there any other route other than the CAD Program? The CAD program is seeking officers with specific degrees in Math, Engineering, or Science, which I do not have. I dislike the idea of ISTing every time my wife PCS, where my career has no progression and I have served in two other states as well. Any thoughts or other routes? Thanks.
          It has been a year and a few weeks since you posted this, but I seating here wondering if you finally made CPT? Among the few concerns I've as NG potential officer is staying stuck in a position longer then I should if comparing time and good performance averages.

And to the soldier who posted this.. (thanks!)

Or if you meet the requirements; you can apply for AD WOFT and become a Warrant Officer Aviator.

Comment

Working...
          X