X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming an OSM

I'm hoping to serve as an assistant OSM after I commission into the guard. Is this a possibility?

I'm taking a gap year between college and graduate school, and using the gap year to go to BOLC, but would love to work with RRC during the gap period (8 months).

Just thought I'd get some feedback from the forum.

Re: Becoming an OSM

When will you commission and through what commissoning source?

I am serving on a Title 10 ADOS (Gold Bar Recruiting) tour which is something that is funded every year. I report directly to the OSM, but keep contact with the ROTC BNs in the state. I'd be happy to send you the informational packet from Cadet Command rather than bogging the forum down with the details.

Comment

What did your OSM tell you when you asked him this question?

I do not expect much funding for recruiting. If you want to make your strongest case, then start recruiting now. If you can demonstrate that you've already done the work, then you eliminate the performance risk and much of learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by ryncho View Post
        I'm hoping to serve as an assistant OSM after I commission into the guard. Is this a possibility?

I'm taking a gap year between college and graduate school, and using the gap year to go to BOLC, but would love to work with RRC during the gap period (8 months).

Just thought I'd get some feedback from the forum.
        Why?......

Comment

Working...
        X