Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that officer slots can't be viewed by the public?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it that officer slots can't be viewed by the public?

I saw that the national guard allows individuals to look for openings on the enlisted side.

Is there a reason that officer openings aren't posted? I know that all OSMs have the ability to look at openings all across the nation, but is this a system that others have access to?

Re: Why is it that officer slots can't be viewed by the public?

Originally posted by ryncho View Post
    I saw that the national guard allows individuals to look for openings on the enlisted side.

Is there a reason that officer openings aren't posted? I know that all OSMs have the ability to look at openings all across the nation, but is this a system that others have access to?
    Interesting given the fact that OSMs may not even know about the actual openings on the state level. The only real way to know is to call the unit and be told that a line and para is open.

Comment

Re: Why is it that officer slots can't be viewed by the public?

It's more complicated than that. Between projected vacancies, projected fills, future force modifications, incentives, overstrength policies, pending mobilizations, etc., merely having a list of current vacancies tells you less than you think.

Comment

Working...
      X