Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1LT to CPT during a deployment?

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
    The IRR is slower then any TPU promotion as you'll have to wait your max TIG to get promoted. Some officers will use IMA (which can look like IRR) to get promoted. You just really need a slot but don't have to branch qualified in the slot to get promoted.

The IRR can get an officer around a bad OER for promotion as well.
    I broke the news to EOrsini through a "mutual example". He was shocked.

As far as NJ goes, it seems that the TPU promotion is currently slower than the IRR (60-72 months to pin O-3). There's just something wrong with our force structure. That particular year group is an anomaly. Between that year group and mine there seem to be a shortage of 1LTs. I suppose that would change that TPU promotion timeline maybe to 48-60 months.

Heck, maybe there's nothing really "wrong" with our force structure. Perhaps its the drawdown that is starting to hit (as evident through our inability to send E-5s to WLC and O-3s to CCC). Not being able to attend a CCC is pretty much deadlines one's career I bet?
    Last edited by Polo08816; May 21st, 2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Re: 1LT to CPT during a deployment?

If you really want to dig into it, look at the Personnel Policy Guidance on the Army G1 website. Unless you know how to read those things, however, you may know less about the topic after reading it than before.

The immediate answer is, you've got to address this issue with your chain of command. There's no way around that.

Comment

Working...
      X