X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping a GRFD Scholarship

I recently received a National Guard GRFD 2.5 year scholarship. I no longer wish to be a part of the Army, by some way - OCS or enlistment - I want to join the USMC, and so I was wondering if any of you knew a way if possible to drop my scholarship. I'm currently at A.I.T. and I literally signed my scholarship contract about two weeks ago, so I haven't technically received any funds yet. If anyone can help me with this problem that would be great.

Re: Dropping a GRFD Scholarship

You really need to engage your ROTC chain of command on this issue. Now. They may be able to stop the processing before money changes hands, and legalities attach. Bring a present for your ROTC commander.

The Marines are great, but I don't know if I'd pay $30k for the privilege of joining. Good luck with all that.

Comment

Since those scholarships are so in demand, people are qeueing up to get one. Yes, they can more than likely stop it (we had an MSII who pulled the same thing last semester), but I'd be uber pissed if I were in your CoC.

Call them. And realize that the bridge will be burnt.

Comment

Originally posted by marykay1001 View Post
        I recently received a National Guard GRFD 2.5 year scholarship. I no longer wish to be a part of the Army, by some way - OCS or enlistment - I want to join the USMC, and so I was wondering if any of you knew a way if possible to drop my scholarship. I'm currently at A.I.T. and I literally signed my scholarship contract about two weeks ago, so I haven't technically received any funds yet. If anyone can help me with this problem that would be great.
        May I ask why? What occured during IET that led you to decide to drop it and go to the USMC?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rescue View Post
          May I ask why? What occured during IET that led you to decide to drop it and go to the USMC?
          Must have caught a glimpse of their jazzy column left movements

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13A View Post
            Must have caught a glimpse of their jazzy column left movements
            Sir, doesn't the command of execution go something like this?

"Call-EM Lay-EFT...MURCH!"

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Rescue View Post
              Sir, doesn't the command of execution go something like this?

"Call-EM Lay-EFT...MURCH!"
              Lol, that sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post

The Marines are great, but I don't know if I'd pay $30k for the privilege of joining. Good luck with all that.
                Sir Exactly

Comment

Working...
                X