X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolc

I'm starting phase 0 in September and leaving for AOCS in January. I'm trying to find something that tells me how long each Officer Branch school is, ie...Public Affairs. Does anyone know if there is something like that available, or specifically knows how long the Public Affairs BOLC is?

Thanks!

Chris

Re: Bolc

Originally posted by cvwebb View Post
    I'm starting phase 0 in September and leaving for AOCS in January. I'm trying to find something that tells me how long each Officer Branch school is, ie...Public Affairs. Does anyone know if there is something like that available, or specifically knows how long the Public Affairs BOLC is?

Thanks!

Chris
    Hey, I'm also Chris and heading down in January!

Public affairs is not a specific branch of it's own. It is a functional area / Career Management Field of the AG (Adjutant General). Any officer who is already branch qualified can be the PA. It is usually an additional duty for most officers.

Comment

"Civil" Affairs is an offshoot of MI and from what I remember, only the USAR has units dedicated as "CA". However, that may be wrong and i am sure someone with knowledge of it (or FutureEnginner since he apparently knows everything) will correct me. I did hear a rumor a while back the ARNG was getting a few but I have not seen or heard of them since.

As for actual BOLC class lengths, I could not find my handy dandy chart from Accessions that showed the course lengths, but they range from 13 - 17 weeks long. MI is 16 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701 View Post
        "Civil" Affairs is an offshoot of MI and from what I remember, only the USAR has units dedicated as "CA". However, that may be wrong and i am sure someone with knowledge of it (or FutureEnginner since he apparently knows everything) will correct me. I did hear a rumor a while back the ARNG was getting a few but I have not seen or heard of them since.

As for actual BOLC class lengths, I could not find my handy dandy chart from Accessions that showed the course lengths, but they range from 13 - 17 weeks long. MI is 16 weeks.
        Yes, but he asked about Public Affairs.....Public Affairs, General (46A)....an offshoot of AG.

Description of duties. Commands or advises the commander on all public affairs matters, including command information, public information—to include media relations—and community relations. Develops, coordinates, and supervises these activities within the command.

Comment

And boom goes the dynamite.

Comment

Ah, well ... Oops.

Comment

Working...
            X