X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineer ODT?

Looking for information if anybody has done a Combat Engineer ODT to Germany.

Re: Engineer ODT?

What base? My Company (Vert) and our Sapper Company went to Hohenfels two years ago. Together they built a Blackhawk parking pad.

Comment

Hohenfels for us, but we're doing the Engineer OPFOR mission...I'd like to get a sense of what types of missions we're going to run. My company deployed as a Route Clearance Company in 2010, so last few years have been focused on CIED...if they're going to task us to put in mine fields, we're going to have some work to do.

Comment

Can't help you with the mission, but expect to treat it as an actual deployment. We were locked down every day except one Saturday where we were allowed to go out in town for about 6 hours.

Comment

Finally got some information from the Sponsor unit on the tasks to train; he was able to send me the OPFOR capabilities brief that the Task Force Engineer put together. Thankfully we have some time to train because we're going to have a lot to catch up on since we've been so CIED focused the last few years. This mission is going to make us return to our more traditional Sapper roots - triple-strand obstacles, tank ditches, breaching, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X