X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does the Army need 2LT?

So, after BCT, before OCS and BOLC, I wanted to give switching to Active Duty a shot. I know it's very hard but It is something I want to do for my career as well as supporting my family. Anyways, I know it would be 'easier' if I choose to qualify in a branch that the Army is actually short on. For example, qualifying as Infantry probably won't get me the switch because the Army doesn't need infantry 2LT (just a random example). SO, is there any advice on what is currently needed the most going into 2012-2013. It would even help if you knew which branches not to go for, along with some that might help. Also, any ideas about switching would be helpful too. I heard it is easier after you come off a guard deployment. One last note, I am going to Federal OCS if that helps. Thanks

Re: Where does the Army need 2LT?

If you ever want active duty, then don't start with the NG/USAR. You will not go to active duty. Of course there are exceptions but they are few and far between.

Comment

You need to talk to your state's Officer Strength Manager about needs in your state. There may be some full-time slots open (you never know). As for Active Duty, there are very few branches that are completely bereft of open slots. My impression is that service support branches are less competitive, but I would advise you to base your selection off of what you're suited for rather than what's easiest.

Comment

Thanks for your replies

Comment

Working...
        X