X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saluting while walking with another officer

I just figure the spanking one receives for non-salute, is more severe than a slightly incorrect salute.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      I just figure the spanking one receives for non-salute, is more severe than a slightly incorrect salute.
      I thought that as well until I saluted a Chief Petty Officer (E-8) when I was an E-2. My b u t t chewing was so severe it turned into a spectator sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard View Post
        I thought that as well until I saluted a Chief Petty Officer (E-8) when I was an E-2. My b u t t chewing was so severe it turned into a spectator sport.
        Well yeah, I meant to exclude when saluting enlisted personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
          Maybe in theory, or if they are both in the same command...but a company command is one of many jobs you rotate thru before moving onto other staff level positions (which I am sure you know being an officer).

So I find it difficult to qualify a CPT company commander to be senior to a CPT staff officer who may or may not be senior in time, DOR, possibly an ex company commander, and on their way to Major....they are both CPT's in the eyes of the average sevice member.
          A commander by reg/law/tradition has far more say then a staff officer. A commander also doesn't have to go through the S3 or XO like a staff officer. They can go right to the battalion commander. My first battalion commander called it a "green tab" issue.

Comment

It gets further complicated when you have a situation where HHD is commanded by a 2LT or a 1LT and that person is not in the staff officers chain of command, however, HHD dictates essentially the life of the staff officers, admin wise. Likewise, when the only person available to command HHD is one of the staff officers, matters become even more convoluted.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
              A commander by reg/law/tradition has far more say then a staff officer. A commander also doesn't have to go through the S3 or XO like a staff officer. They can go right to the battalion commander. My first battalion commander called it a "green tab" issue.
              Yes, and I agree. But you are again assuming that both the CPTs we are talking about are in the same unit.

Comment

Working...
              X