Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was told that as an Officer in the National Guard you CANNOT go part-time guard.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told that as an Officer in the National Guard you CANNOT go part-time guard.

He said that he was going into the guard and enroll with SMP and he was going AGR. At first I said why wouldn't you just go part-time as an Officer in the Guard? then he replied "No if you are an Officer you have to go Active Guard reserve. You are an Officer, I wish there was a part-time officer position but there isnt."

I was under the impression that you can still be a part-time officer in the Guard since that is what the Guard is... a part-time job. and you can apply for a Active Guard position if you wanted...

Am I mistaken? or is he?

Re: I was told that as an Officer in the National Guard you CANNOT go part-time guard.

There are only a couple handfuls of AGR slots for officers in the state. The fact is, to get an officer AGR slot, you need to know someone who knows someone, who knew you when you were enlisted 10 years ago. Well, not quite that bad, but almost.

Comment

Re: I was told that as an Officer in the National Guard you CANNOT go part-time guard.

He was doing some captains program. Im just doing Lt. so thats why there was confusion. Thank you for your input!

Comment

That's absolutely ridiculous. The number of full time guard positions are miniscule for officers. That dude knows not what he speaks of.
        Sincerely,
        -Part time officer

Comment

Originally posted by isteyr View Post
          He was doing some captains program. Im just doing Lt. so thats why there was confusion. Thank you for your input!
          There was confusion because you are clueless...which has been shown more then once about your rambling posts that you put in here. Him doing "captain" and you just doing "LT" makes no sense in many more ways then just one.

Comment

As harsh as it sounds, SSG above has a point.

How are this far in your career and you have no idea that Officers don't have to be full time?

Looking at your posts, you are hanging around very uniformed people. You should really concentrate on not listening to them.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              There was confusion because you are clueless...which has been shown more then once about your rambling posts that you put in here. Him doing "captain" and you just doing "LT" makes no sense in many more ways then just one.
              Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Comment

It sounds like maybe this officer in question is getting a direct commission into an AGR spot, hence the odd he is going captain and I'm going LT statement.\

Edit: the SMP part in the original post throws that out the window.
                Last edited by Explosive Hazard; March 2nd, 2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

He was going AGR as a CPT and I'm not. He said that only Lt's can commission part-time and passed that you have to go AGR. AGR does not apply to me which is why I said there was confusion in the less than 3 minute conversation we had. I only plan to be an Lt. as of right now. So yeah since i have not looked into different areas I can go in the Guard or the Army then im pretty clueless. Only cause those are things i dont need to take into consideration at the moment.

Im SMP just going Lt. Part time. Hes in a completely different route than i am. Why should i be aware of certain aspects that are irrelevant to my life? It was a clear miscommunication.

And i forgot asking for clarification, make me clueless. Obviously if you take a test and you get an answer right and you go back to the teach after class and you clarify that your answer was correct does not make you clueless. Come on now guys, no need for insulting posts. This is to help individuals not bash them. Sorry the wife is being a pain in the butt this morning but you don't need to take your sarcasm into a forum.

Comment

You don't sound too clueless, in fact you are right on track to be a pretty normal LT.

Comment

Originally posted by isteyr View Post
                      He was going AGR as a CPT and I'm not. "He said that only Lt's can commission part-time and passed that you have to go AGR". AGR does not apply to me which is why I said there was confusion in the less than 3 minute conversation we had. I only plan to be an Lt. as of right now. So yeah since i have not looked into different areas I can go in the Guard or the Army then im pretty clueless. Only cause those are things i dont need to take into consideration at the moment.

"Im SMP just going Lt. Part time". Hes in a completely different route than i am. Why should i be aware of certain aspects that are irrelevant to my life? It was a clear miscommunication.

And i forgot asking for clarification, make me clueless. Obviously if you take a test and you get an answer right and you go back to the teach after class and you clarify that your answer was correct does not make you clueless. Come on now guys, no need for insulting posts. This is to help individuals not bash them. Sorry the wife is being a pain in the butt this morning but you don't need to take your sarcasm into a forum.
                      The part I put in quotes are incorrect or shows an ignorance to your goals.

Depending on the position and slot; any officer can apply for an AGR slot.

Your statement about "going LT part time" shows that you do not know the TIG requirements for each rank. Why aspire to only be a Lieutenant when you can easily make Captain during your first term obligation with the National Guard?

You truly need to call and/or sit down with an OSM and get your questions clarified because you are jumping all over the board here with your inquiries.

Comment

At this rate, just worry about getting your commission. You still have to worry about basic training and learning what the Army and the guard is. Right now you're posting stuff that hardly make sense and you look like a tool. Paralegal is right.

To SGT Juggernaut... I seriously read and re-read that garble post maybe three times until I looked at who the author was....I thought it was the OP...sitting here thinking "WTF" over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                          At this rate, just worry about getting your commission. You still have to worry about basic training and learning what the Army and the guard is. Right now you're posting stuff that hardly make sense and you look like a tool. Paralegal is right.

To SGT Juggernaut... I seriously read and re-read that garble post maybe three times until I looked at who the author was....I thought it was the OP...sitting here thinking "WTF" over and over again.
                          LOL! Its one of my favorite internet phrases. It very accurately describes this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                            LOL! Its one of my favorite internet phrases. It very accurately describes this thread.
                            show_stopper999 provides the lulz for me every drill weekend. He will be missed for the next four months.

Comment

Originally posted by isteyr
                              the miscommunication I had with the Cadet.
                              And there's your sign.
                              Quit talking to Cadets and start talking to people that actually have a clue.

Sincerely, a Cadet.

Comment

Working...
                              X