X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR 135-91 table 2-1 para 3-10h Officer obligation question

Like alot of former active duty enlisted who have completed OCS, I have a question about service obligation. There is a part of the table that has not been addressed in any of the posts. AR 135-91 table 2-1. "6 yrs in a unit remainder in Con Gp (Reinf)." However, "See para 3-10h and note 2." 3-10h states " ARNG officers appointed from OCS who served on AD for 3 years in their enlisted status, may be transferred to Control Group (Reinf) on the 5th anniversary of their initial enlistment." Does anyone know what 3-10h means? I have 3 years active, 9 years NG, all of it enlisted. I was told by my TACS and other officers that my obligation was 2 years. However I searched through the regulations and could not find anything about 2 year obligation. Where does this come from? I have heard the same things from other states. Could someone finally put this one to bed?

Re: AR 135-91 table 2-1 para 3-10h Officer obligation question

I'm responding from my phone so sorry for the writing. Control group is simply the IRR. When you commissioned you incur a new obligation and the 8 year obligation is cumulative from your time in service. I don't not know how much time you need to serve in an M-day status before you are eligible to voluntary transfer to the IRR if you wish. Based on your years of service you will not be obligated to go into the IRR once your officer requirement is complete.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; February 16th, 2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Some of the messages linked below may clarify your issues.

Comment

Rocky, I just saw your first post which is the same as this one. Why dont you provide some background information about yourself so we can provide a better response?

Comment

I am coming close to my two year mark as an officer. I have other things going on in my life right now. I would like to know if I could transfer into the IRR right now if I saw fit to. The way I read AR 135-91 table 2-1 para 3-10h, states that I could transfer right now if I wanted to. I have had a million different interpretations of this regulation. Reality is no one has given me a straight answer. Either because they don't know, or they don't want to lose me. The way I interpret this regulation is how I see it. Someone with 3 years AD time who commissioned from OCS can transfer into the IRR on the 5th anniversary of their initial enlistment. I am over a decade past that. I do not fall into any of the common cases presented by LTC Ritchie. All I want to know is do i have the option to transfer into the IRR right now.

Thanks.

Comment

I do not know where you are located at but you can always call your IG office since one of their responsibilities is to help servicemembers interpret the regulations or call your legal assistance office for information.

Comment

Working...
            X