X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commissioned in DEC but failed MEPS physical

A little background: I was Active Duty, received a Green to Gold Scholarship and an early discharge to start ROTC. I commissioned in December in the Louisiana Natl. Guard and went to MEPS to take my physical on 20JAN2012 IOT start drilling and go to OBC in March.

Now my dilemma: I failed the physical with an inguinal hernia that I didn't know I had. I have a 3P on my PULHES which disqualifies me from service (even though it can be corrected with a surgery). I don't want to pursue getting a surgery since it's not bothering me and I didn't know I had it; I know full well that not getting the surgery continues to disqualify me from service.

What will the Army require of me if I don't get the surgery? I don't think they can ask for repayment of the scholarship because, through no fault of my own, I have been declared medically disqualified.

I guess I'm just looking for a little direction. Thanks.

Josh

Re: Commissioned in DEC but failed MEPS physical

This is really not the best forum for this type of question. You'll get a great deal of speculation, and a great deal of argument about what you should and shouldn't have done in the past. Your question also requires dozens of details which you shouldn't provide in a public forum.

Address this question to your chain of command.

Comment

Working...
    X