X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolc

I have a question regarding the scheduling of BOLC. Can my unit schedule my BOLC for me or is it my responsibility? The reason I ask is I am getting pressure from my unit to go to BOLC right after graduating OCS. I currently have some committments and issues that require my attention and was hoping to go later in the year. My unit wants me to go as of yesterday?

Re: Bolc

Your gaining unit will input you for BOLC. I'd recommend you go as soon as you can.

Comment

My readiness NCO said she could not schedule it for me that is why they keep asking me to schedule it. I am a little confused about who's responsibility it is? Like I said I plan on delaying this till the end of the year till I can get some things straightened out. I just did not want to be suprised with orders when I am not ready to go.

Comment

I infer from your message that you're a National Guard OCS candidate in the traditional (weekend) course. While you and your unit have some influence over your scheduling, someone in the office of your State G3 will make the decision. Everyone from ROTC, West Point, and OCS programs all over the country feed into the same basic courses, so you can't just go when you feel like it. It's a bit complicated, and gets more complicated for low-density and long-duration courses (e.g., Finance, Aviation, MI).

Your unit chain of command really needs to take point on this, because the "needs of the force" argument carries far more weight than the "convenience of the Soldier" argument.

Comment

My need is medical. I agravated an inury to my back during the final phase of OCS and currently cannot run more than 5 feet. I there is no way I could pass an APFT until I get this issue resolved.

Thanks

Comment

You are currently a 2LT?

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
              My need is medical. I agravated an inury to my back during the final phase of OCS and currently cannot run more than 5 feet. I there is no way I could pass an APFT until I get this issue resolved.

Thanks
              Then you need to have medical documentation backing this up and foward it on to your unit to delay you going to school. As far as scheduling for BOLC, who ever in your unit has ATTRS access is who starts the process.

Comment

Working...
              X