X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions regarding ets and staying in

I moved to a different state awhile ago and have been flying back and forth to drill 1200 mi. My ETS is in October, my question is, if I want to stay in do I have to reup in my home state, or could I sign reenlistment ppwk in my new state to avoid the ist charlie foxtrot? Same question as far as active duty.

Yes, to question one. For question two, you either need a NGB 22 from your completed enlistment or a DD368 approved from your current command to go AD.

Comment

If you're considering active duty, you may wish to engage a recruiter on that topic right now. Since the active duty is shedding several thousand positions, you may find it very difficult to enter if you're any higher than E4 (and even then they may want you to give up a stripe voluntarily). Ask your recruiter if it would be easier if your home state transferred you to the IRR at ETS.

Comment

The LTC is so correct. Also, there is currently strict prior service recruiting rules that the only MOS that appears to be open is Special Forces 18X contracts. Unless, you have a skill (e.g. Linguist) that AD is currently hurting for.

Comment

Working...
        X