Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the buffer time between deployments?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the buffer time between deployments?

What is the time lapse between deployments?

Expected ration in the Reserve components is 1 year deployed and 5 years dwell. Some Guard units have experienced shorter dwell times and some longer. When combat deployments come to a lull at the end of the year (there will be two or three BCTs deployed), expect longer buffer times.

Comment

Mods, please delete my previous post.

Expected ratio in the Reserve components is 1 year deployed and 5 years dwell. Some Guard units have experienced shorter dwell times and some longer. When combat deployments come to a lull at the end of the year (there will probably be two or three BCTs (active) deployed), expect longer buffer times.

Comment

My recruiter told me that the national guard guarantees 36 months of buffering between deployments. Is that true? I live in Michigan.

Comment

I do not think the recruiter should use the word guarantee in that regard because that is something that he cannot put in writing. How about if you join a unit that is slated to go next year? Where does that 36 months come into play? Yes, if you do EVER deploy, when you return, you can expect some years of dwell time in between. Could be 3 to 5 years of dwell.

I hope that is not the deal breaker for you to join because your chances of deploying to the war zone are currently very low.

Comment

OP, the term used is stabilization. Michigan ARNG may have their own policy in place for stabilization which gives you three years between involuntary mobilizations. This isn't a total guarantee as the Soldier can waive it along with the first General Officer in the chain of command.

Comment

Working...
            X