X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed AIT Discharge Question

I graduated Basic Training last October and went to AIT in Ft Sam. I finished all of the requirements for the AIT training (academic) but I failed the APFT because of the run and received a Chapter 13 Honorable Discharge in Late April. I have 2 Questions:

1. I received my DD214 and got an Honorable Discharge at Ft. Sam, along with my orders of release, so do I need to go back to my National Guard Unit and also get a discharge from them as well?
    2. If I decide to re-enlist this October when I am eligible for re-enlistment, will I need a waiver? If so, what would be the process as to getting it?

Anyone with answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone apart of 112 Cav Rgt who could answer these questions would be even more appreciated as that is the unit I was assigned to.
    Thanks In advance.

The National Guard does not use DD 214s, the use the similar NGB-22. When you are discharged from the Guard, you will receive that in the mail or personally from your Joint Headquarters Command.

Yes, you will need waivers but most likely it wont get approved due to the nature of your discharge and due to the drawdown. But you keep trying.

Comment

Ok thank you Chief

Comment

Working...
      X