Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Moving out of country

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moving out of country

    I am currently serving with 3 years left in my contract. I will need to move out of the country, to Panama to be exact due to financial reasons. What are my options here?

  • #2
    "financial reasons" huh?

    Basically you can take one year off for personal reasons or 3 years for missionary service.
    Additionally, if a soldier is moving out of the country, he can obtain a release/discharge from service.

    If you'd like the specific regs just let me know.


    • #3
      Thanks. I will speak to someone in my chain of command.


      • #4
        I didn't mean to hijack the thread but I have the same concern. I am planning to move to Vietnam to marry my gf and work in a hospital over there (I am US Citizen). I have four years left on my contract. According to NGR 600-2 Section 4.9, I maybe put in to ING or get early separated as I am a US citizen. However, there is no guidelines about how to provide proof that you are moving and will live in another country. Any input would be greatly appreciated


        • #5
          Although it certainly wouldn't be an option for everyone's situation, it might be worth considering the Army Reserve's Individual Augmentee program.


          • #6
            Care to explain that program? I don't know if conditional release would apply in this situation.