X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving out of country

I am currently serving with 3 years left in my contract. I will need to move out of the country, to Panama to be exact due to financial reasons. What are my options here?

"financial reasons" huh?

Basically you can take one year off for personal reasons or 3 years for missionary service.
    Additionally, if a soldier is moving out of the country, he can obtain a release/discharge from service.

If you'd like the specific regs just let me know.

Comment

Thanks. I will speak to someone in my chain of command.

Comment

I didn't mean to hijack the thread but I have the same concern. I am planning to move to Vietnam to marry my gf and work in a hospital over there (I am US Citizen). I have four years left on my contract. According to NGR 600-2 Section 4.9, I maybe put in to ING or get early separated as I am a US citizen. However, there is no guidelines about how to provide proof that you are moving and will live in another country. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Although it certainly wouldn't be an option for everyone's situation, it might be worth considering the Army Reserve's Individual Augmentee program.

Comment

Care to explain that program? I don't know if conditional release would apply in this situation.

Comment

Working...
            X