Announcement Module
No announcement yet.


Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ING

    In 2008 I was placed as Rear Detachment when my unit returned to Iraq. I tried to deploy with my unit but because of my 2005-2006 deployment to Iraq where I received a TBI ( that I received a Purple Heart for)and suffered from PTSD, I was left behind. I was told by the Det commander to turn in my VA paperwork. After doing so I was told that the Guard could no longer retain me. My combined rating was 90% so I was to wait for my MEB. I was placed on the ING instead without my knowledge. I tried to get back on drill status to finish my remaining three years for my 20 year retirement but was told I needed a DR's letter stating I was fit for duty. I wrote the ABCMR but they would not review my case without that LOD. I was never evaluated by the Army and no one knows were my medical records are since I was never discharged. I was never told I was placed on the ING, I found out from a RNCO friend of mine with another unit. My unit claims I am not assigned to them when my ING order states I am. I just found out that the ING regs were revised in 2010. Under the revision I could request my ING orders be revoked because I had medical issues from active duty before I was placed in the ING. I wrote the TAG in Nov and have received no response.

  • #2
    I would go to the IG.


    • #3
      OP: The reference for you to look through, regarding the ING, is NGR 614-1
      It may provide some insight into your situation. Unless you've already looked through that reg, heed the chief''s advice.
      Last edited by AWeisenberger; May 11th, 2014, 01:12 PM.


      • #4
        Contrary to Chief Kemosabe's advice that all Soldiers contact the IG, the proper organization that can guide you in this is the Office of Soldiers Counsel (A specialized section of JAG). They are spread out and operate by region. Simply typing Office of Soldiers Counsel into google will give you a starting point of numbers to call. This is a complicated disability law issue, and the IG will be clueless.