X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLAG .. passed apft

I had a pt flag but I pass my apft with a 255 2 weeks ago in AIT (fort lee) & the flag still isn't removed. How long does it take for a flag to usually be removed?

No time at all, but you have to put the PT test in the hands of the right people. Where was your flag initiated? The S-1 at that unit needs to know to remove it. If you got the flag at basic, passed PT at AIT, and are now at your regular drilling unit, go to your unit's S-1 and ask for guidance.

Comment

You need to work with your chain of command. The S-1 has no ability to place or remove a flag. Only your commander has that ability.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
        You need to work with your chain of command. The S-1 has no ability to place or remove a flag. Only your commander has that ability.
        True. I should have been clearer. The S-1 is the one who will eventually be doing the actual work of removing the flag, at the commander's direction. But since we're talking about the possibility of having two units involved, I think the communication should happen at the S-1 level. Let them sort out which unit is supposed to be lifting the flag, etc. Lowest possible level. The S-1 will add that to his "to do" list and bring it up with the commander at their next interaction. If you have daily useful interaction with the commander, then certainly bring it to his attention. There's 400 people in my unit, though. If everybody brought everything directly to the Old Man, he'd never get anything done.

Comment

Working...
        X