Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching from Nat. Guard to Active Duty

Hello
    I been back from training from AIT since July 2013, and serving with my Nat. Guard unit since then, and been going to college also, but I feel college isn't for me at all, and I really would love to go over to active duty in the Army. I did a little research and I know I can't simply transfers, I have to get approve from my unit or something for discharge, then talk to a Active Army recruiter and begin my process for active duty. I wanted to know how long would it take to finish this whole process and if there other things I needed know about this process.

Originally posted by IntaV View Post
    Hello
    I been back from training from AIT since July 2013, and serving with my Nat. Guard unit since then, and been going to college also, but I feel college isn't for me at all, and I really would love to go over to active duty in the Army. I did a little research and I know I can't simply transfers, I have to get approve from my unit or something for discharge, then talk to a Active Army recruiter and begin my process for active duty. I wanted to know how long would it take to finish this whole process and if there other things I needed know about this process.
    Yes, you need to know that it is next to impossible for prior service to get into the active component. Before you even ruffle feathers at your unit, go see a recruiter and verify you meet the guidelines of the prior service business rules.

Comment

Working...
    X