X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reassignment to ING

I finished my active duty time with an honorable discharge after just under 3 and a half years of service. Due to being part of the active first program I had to join the national guard to finish the remainder of my time on my contract. I am now enrolled in a vigorous academic program which goes by a quarter system and has a work study program attached to it as well. This means that every year in June I will have a conflict with my education or work with AT. Can transfer to ING status?

That seems like an over-solution, particularly because AT isn't always the same dates yearly. If you can project conflicts months in advance, your commander will work with you on an alternate AT, or transfer to a unit that does year-round AT. If you're in a vigorous academic program, then I would imagine you'd want to maintain your educational benefits.

Comment

you haven't answered my question. calling that an over-solution is an opinion not a solution. Can you address what is involved with Inactive status rather than offering a solution which clearly doesn't work with the quarter semester system I am enrolled in? Can I finish my contract on inactive status or would doing so add additional time once I come off inactive? Can inactive status be only for a month during the time of AT and then I would return to regular weekends after that?

Comment

Working...
      X