X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IST to VA National Guard from Texas

I am in a TXARNG unit and due to both my girlfriend and myself relocating to the DC area for work, I will need to transfer to the VA National Guard. I am currently in a Combat Engineer company, but would like to reclass to Military Intel. I will be relocating to the DC area from Texas in February 2014. Any POC that could be provided, as well as any general assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I take it you're a 12B? I believe there are 2 Combat engineer companies in VA...237th in West Point (~2 hours from DC) and A Co./116th BSTB in Fredericksburg (about 1 hour from DC)...No idea if you could reclass to 35 series, but perhaps you could drill with one of these units while you try to work that out.

As far as a POC for IST coordinator, check out this thread. http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...nsfer-to-va-ng

Last edited by enceladus; December 27th, 2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles.Meador View Post
      I am in a TXARNG unit and due to both my girlfriend and myself relocating to the DC area for work, I will need to transfer to the VA National Guard. I am currently in a Combat Engineer company, but would like to reclass to Military Intel. I will be relocating to the DC area from Texas in February 2014. Any POC that could be provided, as well as any general assistance in the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
      I Can't help you with the Engineer aspect. But as far as Intel positions in the NOVA go, they are almost impossible. I was trying to get back into my old MOS (35F) for almost a year now. I have opted to do something different (13F). I know there are some Army Reserve positions in Intel if you are willing to go that route… if that’s even possible. I too moved to the area from TX. Great place for work and to raise a family…traffic is horrible though.

Comment

Thank you both for responding. I sent an email to Charlene Musick regarding the IST. Hopefully she will be able to help me out. I live in Houston currently and traffic is no stranger to me haha. We're both excited for the move, that's for sure.

Comment

VA has an Engineer Bn.
          Petersburg, Powhatan, AP Hill, Westpoint (sapper), Ceder Bluff, and Fort Pickett.

Comment

Working...
          X