Announcement Module
No announcement yet.

Switching branch of service

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Switching branch of service

    I enlisted in the national guard for 3 years (5 years inactive). If I want to switch to the air force reserves after my 3 years are up, is that possible? If so, can I start the process before my 3 years are up? Any help is appreciated.

  • #2
    Yes. You first need to contact the AF Reserve Recruiter and get the 368 completed before taking it up your Chain of Command. You current Unit does not have to release you. If they don't then once you fulfill your obligation and ETS then take your NGB 22 to the AFR Recruiter and it should be fairly short & simple.

    Why do you want to leave the Guard, and why AF Reserve? Not that it's a bad choice.


    • ricardorayas6
      ricardorayas6 commented
      Editing a comment
      I will get my bachelors degree before my guard time is up. Then I will try to enlist as an officer with the air force reserves. The reason for choosing the air force is because in case I get deployed due to a big war, I know that the air force offers the best quality of living.

  • #3
    Thanks for the help.