Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a signal unit near NYC

Hi All,

I need to find a signal unit near NYC as I just moved here not long ago. If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate a unit admin / readiness NCO contact.

Thanks.

Re: Need a signal unit near NYC

Are you signal and you haven't learned to google? lol You could of search for a NY Guard recruiter to call.

I googled this. BTW, I am Signal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101st_S...United_States)

It shows that unit as deactivated but here is a POC list you can call.

http://dmna.ny.gov/join/
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; October 5th, 2013, 04:04 PM.

Comment

What's your MOS & Rank? You're going to have a very hard time finding any slots near NYC but there may be some availability further North up 87. There is a Signal unit in Peekskill and one in Orangeburg.

Comment

Chief Kemosabe: As you suspected, a 25B can use Google. I have had some bad luck with the contacts I have been given. With that said, thank you for the recruiter list, I have just utilized that to its fullest potential and will follow up via phone with anyone in the area.

NYGuardRecruiter: I am a 25B, SPC. Peekskill (Camp Smith I presume) is perfect. My primary goal is relocating to the area. I am not sure what the protocol is, but if that meant re-classing or taking a slot other than 25B, I am open to exploring that as well.
        Last edited by GSAM; October 7th, 2013, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Are you transferring from another State? If yes, you're going to need to go through your State IST Coordinator who will in turn contact New York's IST Coordinator who will do his best to find you a 25B as clost to your new home of record.

Comment

Also, you may find an open 25B10 slot in a non-signal unit. (i.e. MP unit)

Comment

Brigade in Syracuse has slots and or will be assigned to a different section with that MOS. I believe camp smith is a support more like water and fuel supply. But Syracuse,Buffalo,Utica I know have this in their units.

Comment

Working...
              X