X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First drill next month

Hey everyone, just took oath of enlistment yesterday and I'm really excited. But can anyone let me know what I'll need to know before my first drill weekend? Do I wear my acu when I first get there? What to bring? Also I haven't been through training obviously so what will I mostly be doing?

Re: First drill next month

Your RSP Unit/Recruiter should be contacting you giving you further information about what to expect/bring to drill. If you have ACUs then that's what you're expected to wear. Also bring something to workout in with running shoes as you'll be doing PT. You will prepare for Basic Training and learn things such as drill and ceremonies, ranks of the Army, and customs and courtesies. Be early to drill and do as you're told, you'll be successful that way.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Remember to shave that first morning too. You don't want to be that guy who doesn't.

Comment

You can do a search on this forum as there are a lot of great posts like this one here

Basically, talk with your recruiter and find out your report time (be at least 15 minutes early if not earlier) and what attire you should arrive in. If you have been given PT gear and ACU's then make sure you bring it all with you, as well as a hygien kit. If your still waiting for ACU's then wear jeans with no holes, a nice t-shirt or polo shirt (if you have been given a guard t-shirt then that is usually appropriate) and make sure that your hair isn't too long. It doesn't need to be shaved or even a high and tight (though that doesn't hurt), but it shouldn't be wavy and hanging over your ears or eyes.

Some RSP locations have you stay over night (especially if it's a long drive home) but others will send you home for the evening, talk with your recruiter about how that works for your RSP. Your recruiter will make sure your squared away for the first weekend, but make sure you ask questions because they are tracking a lot of people and may think they told you something that they really told another recruit.

Comment

Working...
          X