X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT NEED HELP MEDICAL ADVICE

First I will bring you up to speed with what has happened thus far.

on the 27th I reported to my organic unit for AT, we shipped out to fort hood, and all was well untill the end of the 2 week training, we were doing a night op, and I fell into a hole carrying the 240, and had to be med evacced to a field hospital. When I fell, guys like 100 meters ahead heard a loud snap, it was something in my leg, instantly I couldnt put any weight on it, or walk, long story short, they gave me tremidol and said they were unable to examine me, because I needed a MRI, so my unit decided to send me back to the armory, with NO medical personel, nobody to bring my chow, or help me if needed. My wife ended up driving out to the armory to take me to the ER because the swelling was so bad, it was cutting off circulation to my foot and i had tingling. The ER gave me hydrocodone, and a immobilized for my leg, and insisted I go get a MRI done. So the unit return from the field, and they start a LOD, and i ask for a audience with the commander via my chain of command because now I cant work, or find work, and they are going to cut me off orders. at the end of drill im told that my LOD will take about 10 days at its fastest, untill then I cant seek medical attention covered by the army, because im not on title 32 orders anymore, and my lod hasnt been approved yet. Im trying so hard not to to bring myself in the targets eyes by talking about going to higher, but seriously..........im in so much pain, i cant even shower without holding on to something, let alone go to work.........what should I do? What are my rights as a soldier injured on title 32? Why was I not sent to a major military installation? I need any help I can get, as I have no experience with this sort of thing. I have tricare reserve select, however why should i have to pay out of pocket for injuries sustained on active duty?

Re: URGENT NEED HELP MEDICAL ADVICE

Go to the er, severe pain is something urgent, then send the bill to the army. When I had my LOD for my foot, my expenses like copay's for tricare were just reimbursed. I would say hit an urgent care, but my experience is that they'll call an ambulance for anything more than the sniffles.
    Although an emt, I am not giving medical advice, what said above is not a substitution for medical care in your area.

Also. OP, it's like a 10-30 dollar copay. Last time I went to the er for something I ended up paying 30 dollars total for a cat scan, a bunch of cool drugs, and a sweeeeet nurse.
    Last edited by dva5222; August 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

While I apprecaite your advice, ive already been to the ER, the issue is, im not on orders anymore, and my LOD hasnt been approved, so i have to wait 10 days to go get a mri done? The issue is i was injured on active duty, and now im not covered and not on orders..........

Comment

Go get the mri done on reserve select, it takes days to get the bill for it, by then your LOD should be approved, then call the hospital or whatever and tell them it's an LOD.

Comment

Originally posted by davidvonyork View Post
          First I will bring you up to speed with what has happened thus far.

on the 27th I reported to my organic unit for AT, we shipped out to fort hood, and all was well untill the end of the 2 week training, we were doing a night op, and I fell into a hole carrying the 240, and had to be med evacced to a field hospital. When I fell, guys like 100 meters ahead heard a loud snap, it was something in my leg, instantly I couldnt put any weight on it, or walk, long story short, they gave me tremidol and said they were unable to examine me, because I needed a MRI, so my unit decided to send me back to the armory, with NO medical personel, nobody to bring my chow, or help me if needed. My wife ended up driving out to the armory to take me to the ER because the swelling was so bad, it was cutting off circulation to my foot and i had tingling. The ER gave me hydrocodone, and a immobilized for my leg, and insisted I go get a MRI done. So the unit return from the field, and they start a LOD, and i ask for a audience with the commander via my chain of command because now I cant work, or find work, and they are going to cut me off orders. at the end of drill im told that my LOD will take about 10 days at its fastest, untill then I cant seek medical attention covered by the army, because im not on title 32 orders anymore, and my lod hasnt been approved yet. Im trying so hard not to to bring myself in the targets eyes by talking about going to higher, but seriously..........im in so much pain, i cant even shower without holding on to something, let alone go to work.........what should I do? What are my rights as a soldier injured on title 32? Why was I not sent to a major military installation? I need any help I can get, as I have no experience with this sort of thing. I have tricare reserve select, however why should i have to pay out of pocket for injuries sustained on active duty?
          They can pay the bill retroactivley once the LOD is approved. You also should be eleigble for INCAP pay if you are out of civilian work due to the injury and to cover travel costs.

Comment

Im looking into the INCAP pay, my problem is, I am in between jobs, so I no longer work with the company I was with...........I cant find it anywhere in the regs about what to do if your unemployed and injured on active duty.

Comment

So you quit your last job before you went on AT? The GI Rights hotline has been an excellent resource for these types of predicaments.

http://girightshotline.org/en/

http://www.militaryonesource.mil/

Keep copies of everything. Your orders, the sick chit or paperwork you received on the day of injury and the upcoming LOD. Call your state's EO as well.

Comment

Roger, my last job was a monday-saturday sundays off only job, i had no time to interview or search for a new job, i had enough money saved to look for a new job, however........it would seem that i have fell into some sort of gray area in the reserves.....unemployed injured on title 32. I appreciate the sources and will look into it.

Comment

When I deployed to Africa, it was a whole different story, this is my first time going on title 32

Comment

It is not a gray area. Reserve Soldiers components do get injured while on weekend drill and AT. You just need to keep engaging your chain of command and full-timer at your unit for status.

When I was in the Connecticut Guard, I got hurt while on drill, my LOD was written up and approved and went to the AD Navy base (Groton) for care. But I had my full-time job at the time. If you are looking for compensation during your time of injury while already un-employed, may lead to a dead end. Call your unemployment office for details.

Comment

Also, you can go to the TXARNG FB page and ask for info https://www.facebook.com/texasarmynationalguard

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                        It is not a gray area. Reserve Soldiers components do get injured while on weekend drill and AT. You just need to keep engaging your chain of command and full-timer at your unit for status.

When I was in the Connecticut Guard, I got hurt while on drill, my LOD was written up and approved and went to the AD Navy base (Groton) for care. But I had my full-time job at the time. If you are looking for compensation during your time of injury while already un-employed, may lead to a dead end. Call your unemployment office for details.
                        Chief, I love you and all, but are all over the place on this. He does not need to call his unemployment office, that is not relevant. If he quit before the injury he may have a problem with INCAP pay. INCAP is where all his cards need to be for compensation, and also look into social security diability if it prevents work. Unemployment compensation is not on the table. Also, EO? this has nothing to do with EO. IG maybe in time, if they don't do the LOD properly.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
                          Chief, I love you and all, but are all over the place on this. He does not need to call his unemployment office, that is not relevant. If he quit before the injury he may have a problem with INCAP pay. INCAP is where all his cards need to be for compensation, and also look into social security diability if it prevents work. Unemployment compensation is not on the table. Also, EO? this has nothing to do with EO. IG maybe in time, if they don't do the LOD properly.
                          Thank you for your insight. EO can provide some advice on the matter (it will provide him what are his rights for this type of injury incurred during this type of training and orders) and unemployment can give him answers to see if he is eligible for money. I do not know if he was terminated. I realized that on these forums; information is not always expressed as it; so the POCs are just mentioned for all possible scenarios.

I never heard of INCAP before and thanks for that info. Love you blue.

Comment

Guys, sorry I didnt mention it, but I was not terminated, I left on my own accord. My beef is that when I showed up for AT, I was healthy, and able to look for work, and perform all my 11b duties. THe problem is, the army discharged me from active duty 1. without knowing the exact damage to my knee, 2. broken and not in the condition I showed up to duty in. 3. with no way to get medical services other than my own out of pocket. The ER said they are almost certain that it is a ligament tear, due to the swelling and lack of range of motion. So now I cant really get a job because i have to use crutches, and i take perscribed opiates so i cant operate any machinery...............I supposed ill call the commander tommorow and see what my options are, i feel like i got swept aside because the unit was recovering from AT, still no excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
                              Thank you for your insight. EO can provide some advice on the matter (it will provide him what are his rights for this type of injury incurred during this type of training and orders) and unemployment can give him answers to see if he is eligible for money. I do not know if he was terminated. I realized that on these forums; information is not always expressed as it; so the POCs are just mentioned for all possible scenarios.

I never heard of INCAP before and thanks for that info. Love you blue.
                              This isn't even close to the realm of what EO does. If they approve all LOD's for white males, but no african american females...then you have EO. This is not that. He is elible for compensation, but it doesn't come in the form of unemployment insurace. They have nothing to do with this scenario.

Comment

Working...
                              X