Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Afghanistan deployment

Originally posted by eqmcclure View Post
    Well I'm not going to say it, but....yes, there is a CAC enabled site to volunteer called "Tour of Duty." https://mobcop.army.mil/tod/Default_new.aspx
    You just made my week.

Comment

Re: Afghanistan deployment

Going into 13 years of the Afghanistan War.

http://www.stripes.com/with-little-f...-year-1.245181

Comment

So I have a question, I have been in the guard for two years now and I have yet to get deployed, and have searched for tours and have asked around, even considered doing an IST to a different state to hop on one and still came up short. How is everybody getting on them so easily? I have two MOS's so somebody somewhere should need me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndmission View Post
          So I have a question, I have been in the guard for two years now and I have yet to get deployed, and have searched for tours and have asked around, even considered doing an IST to a different state to hop on one and still came up short. How is everybody getting on them so easily? I have two MOS's so somebody somewhere should need me lol.
          Deployments are drying up. I don't know why you think people are getting on them so easily. There have been a lot of states that have been off-ramped from deployment. If you have an MOS that has a critical need in theatre, then maybe you stand a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post

Deployments are drying up. I don't know why you think people are getting on them so easily. There have been a lot of states that have been off-ramped from deployment. If you have an MOS that has a critical need in theatre, then maybe you stand a shot.
            +1

The infantry battalion in my state was ready to deploy as a battalion, ended up sending a small element that was less than a company in size. We have a few guys here on deployment right now that want to extend their tour in theater but are not having any luck. And they are already here! On top of that we are RCP which is in high demand and still no luck. WIth the drawdown and retro grade deployments are become more rare and fewer people are needed as many jobs are being handed over to ANA. Even RCP.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndmission View Post
              You basically just need a great readiness NCO. When I deployed from Mississippi we had two guys from the CA ARNG. They had a good readiness NCO who found them a trip over. Deployments are drying up a lot. But it's still possible.

Comment

Working...
              X