X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exceeded FY13 UTAs

Apparently I have exceeded UTAs for FY13. Likely due to being in another unit that did MUTA6s and then transferring to one that only does MUTA4s

I have not/will not be paid for JULY IDT, AUGUST IDT, SEPTEMBER IDT. What are my options? What regs govern this issue? Shoot me a PM and will gladly speak with you on mobile.

Was present for July MUTA 4 and marked P. no July LES generated.

v/r

CPT Diaz
    Last edited by roger.diaz; August 2nd, 2013, 09:39 AM. Reason: details

Re: Exceeded FY13 UTAs

Your unit either pays you with RMAs or puts you orders for those drill weekends. As far as your options of not showing up to drill becuase you won't be paid is really up to you and your supervisor.

Comment

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
      Your unit either pays you with RMAs or puts you orders for those drill weekends. As far as your options of not showing up to drill becuase you won't be paid is really up to you and your supervisor.
      I'm not saying that this is the ONLY way to do it...

but if a soldier cannot be paid (even due to an administrative error), we to tell him he can't be on the premises and/or partake in training during drill. This is for the purposes of "drilling" and I would assume it has to do with "liability". If the soldier is there to drop something off, etc. that's different.

Comment

How am I coded for the drill weekends if I do show up? If I don't show up?

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
          I'm not saying that this is the ONLY way to do it...

but if a soldier cannot be paid (even due to an administrative error), we to tell him he can't be on the premises and/or partake in training during drill. This is for the purposes of "drilling" and I would assume it has to do with "liability". If the soldier is there to drop something off, etc. that's different.
          This is legally sound and familiar as I have "heard" it before also.
          Last edited by roger.diaz; August 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

You would be coded as an authorized absence since you can't be paid for the weekend. You would show up on the non participant report but that's easily explainable.

As far as what to do with your supervisor, you're not a private. 3 months into a new unit, well that's a quarter of your OER you didn't show up for. That's why I'd recommend you talk to your boss.

You could still drill for points.

Comment

You would be coded as an authorized absence since you can't be paid for the weekend. You would show up on the non participant report but that's easily explainable.

As far as what to do with your supervisor, you're not a private. 3 months into a new unit, well that's a quarter of your OER you didn't show up for. That's why I'd recommend you talk to your boss.

You could still drill for points.
              Thank you.

CPT Diaz, PA-C

Comment

A follow-up. What if unit has neither interest, concern, nor ability to pay me with RMAs or put me on orders for those drill weekends, one of which has passed already?
                Last edited by roger.diaz; August 2nd, 2013, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Drill for free, drill for points on DA1380 or don't drill.

Comment

Working...
                  X