X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military ID question

I got my Military ID (CAC-one with the picture and the computer chip thingy) last tuesday, but I noticed after I got home it had my name misspelled (added w/ 1 letter).. How do get it fixed? Should I go back to the office to where I got it in the first place?

Re: Military ID question

Originally posted by Fao Lafini View Post
    go back to the office to where I got it in the first place?

Comment

They don't ask you to verify it on the spot when they make it? The process here is less than fast, but this one lady at least asks that before you walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        They don't ask you to verify it on the spot when they make it? The process here is less than fast, but this one lady at least asks that before you walk away.
        LOL, the guy who was tasked with my ID that time and was very talkative (nice dude tho), he just gave the ID after printing it. I thought it was OK since he asked all info esp my name, even gave him my driver's license.. He said he's been doing 'this' for 23 years - - - LOL, mistakes do still happen.. Damn hate it when that happens..

Comment

For years, my name was wrong in DEERS. It had a J as my middle initial and it should of been JR for junior. instead. Yes, you could go back to DEERS to fix it but as long as your e-mail is correct; they tell you not to worry about it. Those ID cards cost money .

But as Steve stated, confirm that you name is correct in DEERS and when you first get your ID card.

Normal rookie mistake.

Comment

I took an administrative demotion in rank to get the MOS I wanted when I came over from the Marines. The first ID card they have me said SGT and boy if I didn't want to walk out with it with my pride intact.

Oh well, mistakes happen. Better to get it fixed ASAP than be scooped up by the MPs when your driver's license doesn't match your CAC

Comment

Originally posted by USMCLong View Post
              I took an administrative demotion in rank to get the MOS I wanted when I came over from the Marines. The first ID card they have me said SGT and boy if I didn't want to walk out with it with my pride intact.

Oh well, mistakes happen. Better to get it fixed ASAP than be scooped up by the MPs when your driver's license doesn't match your CAC
              I'll tell you, there are tons of MP's patrolling my armory.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
                Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
                  I live on an Air Force base, and they love to randomly search me at the gate when I drive my wife's car at 2 in the morning for some reason

Comment

Working...
                  X