X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering to Active Duty.

Hello Everyone, I have no Idea what I should do. Im 19 years old. So I called the Army Recruiter, I asked about transfering to Active Duty. He said the only available slots for my MOS (11B) is Specail Forces. And to qualify you need to be 20 years old.

Is it possible to Reclass your MOS, Go to AIT and then get a slot through the New MOS? For example. Military Police.

The only reason I am asking. I been enlisted to the National guard since, June 2012. went to Basic Sep-Jan Been to my unit for 6 months. I moved out of my parents house after I completed High school In June. I had a Job until I went to Basic. I worked Landscaping and by the time I came back in January, The company "split up" so from January until now I have been saving my money. Now I pay rent. 650$/Month. I make about 200$ Every drill. So there is no way in Gods name that I can find a place to live with this amount. I've been looking for Deployments from my fellow battle buddies I went to basic with see who is deploying, They won't take e2's. I have no clue what I should do. Please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Transfering to Active Duty.

Originally posted by Infantry11bravo View Post
    Hello Everyone, I have no Idea what I should do. Im 19 years old. So I called the Army Recruiter, I asked about transfering to Active Duty. He said the only available slots for my MOS (11B) is Specail Forces. And to qualify you need to be 20 years old.

Is it possible to Reclass your MOS, Go to AIT and then get a slot through the New MOS? For example. Military Police.

The only reason I am asking. I been enlisted to the National guard since, June 2012. went to Basic Sep-Jan Been to my unit for 6 months. I moved out of my parents house after I completed High school In June. I had a Job until I went to Basic. I worked Landscaping and by the time I came back in January, The company "split up" so from January until now I have been saving my money. Now I pay rent. 650$/Month. I make about 200$ Every drill. So there is no way in Gods name that I can find a place to live with this amount. I've been looking for Deployments from my fellow battle buddies I went to basic with see who is deploying, They won't take e2's. I have no clue what I should do. Please help me out. Thanks.
    question is seriously posted on here now about 3 or 4 times a week the regular army is just not taking prior service right now military police is not one of the MOS they are currently accepting they have a very strict prior service business rule memorandum that lists the jobs they're taking the chances of you getting on active duty as an 11 Bravo e2 are slim to none

Comment

Have you considered getting a j-o-b or going to college? It's not likely that you'll be able to deploy anytime soon, voluntarily or not. Check with your local employment agencies who will likely have a VA rep to assist. There are many opportunities now for those with military experience and employers offering veteran hiring preferences.

If you REALLY want to go Active Duty, why not pursue 18X? My question for the Recruiter would be, what happens if you don't make it through the Q Course.

Best of luck.

Comment

To add to Recruiter's advice; try talking to other branches as well. I hope you find work.

Comment

Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
          question is seriously posted on here now about 3 or 4 times a week the regular army is just not taking prior service right now military police is not one of the MOS they are currently accepting they have a very strict prior service business rule memorandum that lists the jobs they're taking the chances of you getting on active duty as an 11 Bravo e2 are slim to none
          And just so the senior members dont think I was drunk posting, voice to text doesnt do punctuation.

Comment

Chief, Can you tell me more please

Comment

Chief, Can you tell me more please
              Talk to a Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard active-duty recruiter.

Comment

Will do thank you Sir

Comment

From experience I was trying to go active duty for well over a year. With draw downs and budget cuts the army is only ever taking a handful of MOSs to transfer to active duty. Not only that but last time I checked they wouldnt even reclass you. You 3
                  either already hold the MOS they need or you cant transfer. Also last time I checked, they were only considering airborne qualified personnel.

Transferring to active duty isnt easy. You have to give your unit a damn good reason for them to consider terminating your state contract. It seems that financial hardship isnt a good enough reason now. At least in my state, theyre trying to get all units to 110% strength. My MOS strength in my unit was well over that but my unit still fell short at like 80%. So they wouldnt let me. I have heard of a few instances where transferring has worked out. But from given experience it is insanely difficult

Comment

The thing is, We have no drill In August. Just finished AT so I guess we aren't doing Drill in the month of August. I told my Team Leader that I needed to speak to him about getting a release from and I told him the reason. He said that he will call me. And now I've been waiting for a week, And still no phone call. I'm determined to break the chain of command. Because I need an answer. It seems as if they don't want to help their Joe's out. Its ridiculous.

Comment

The thing is, We have no drill In August. Just finished AT so I guess we aren't doing Drill in the month of August. I told my Team Leader that I needed to speak to him about getting a release from and I told him the reason. He said that he will call me. And now I've been waiting for a week, And still no phone call. I'm determined to break the chain of command. Because I need an answer. It seems as if they don't want to help their Joe's out. Its ridiculous.
                      This is a moot point if there is no active component who has indicated they could potentially accept you.

Comment

Answer to what exactly, OP? What you need to do first is go see an A/D Recruiter. They can tell you. yes or no, about coming over to A/D as an 11B/E3. No one on here is an A/D Recruiter and we can't tell you what you really need to know.

I will tell you though, blaming you TL for your situation or lack of "helping Joe's out" is the wrong answer. This has nothing to do with them. This is on you.

Comment

Originally posted by TxIntel 1978 View Post
                          Answer to what exactly, OP? What you need to do first is go see an A/D Recruiter. They can tell you. yes or no, about coming over to A/D as an 11B/E3. No one on here is an A/D Recruiter and we can't tell you what you really need to know.

I will tell you though, blaming you TL for your situation or lack of "helping Joe's out" is the wrong answer. This has nothing to do with them. This is on you.
                          Funny, isn't it, how so many junior soldiers' concept of "taking care of soldiers" really boils down to "giving me what I want, when I want it, on my terms."

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Dirtbag View Post
                            Funny, isn't it, how so many junior soldiers' concept of "taking care of soldiers" really boils down to "giving me what I want, when I want it, on my terms."
                            I don't pretend to understand the phenomenon that is "I want", especially from soldiers.

Part of me wants to blame the soldier for not fully grasping what NG service really entails. Another part wants me to tear into recruiters for not making sure prospects understand the commitment and full details of how they are going to serve. How many posts do we get that ask "I want to go A/D now because X,Y or Z happened...."

Comment

The point of AGR soldiers is to facilitate to the M-Day Soldier.

It's what we are paid to do. Sometimes we run in to soldiers who have problems that they put themselves in. It's our job to fix it.

I am failing to see why you are not talking to your Full-Time personnel. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't trust your M-Day team leader more than I would trust your 1SG. Your State HQ might have a full time career counselor that can help you find jobs and your Readiness or Training NCO might have that contact. If you call them and demand to be released from the Guard, you can kiss any help goodbye (because they know that won't even happen)

Comment

Working...
                              X