Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Transferring to a different state.

I know I saw that there was a bunch of posts about transferring and it could take about 1 to 2 months. But I dont know if thats what they saw or heard. I was just curious if anyone on here can tell me about the time frame it took them to transfer states from their experience. And I got 3 enlistments bonuses 5k enlistment bonus, GI Bill kicker and the SLRP. Like I was fast in joining and didnt really thing about I had to be in the state I was going to school in for them to pay. But When I enlisted at MEPS the guy I was talking to who was setting everything up for me was telling me if I was going ot transfer that I could get all my bonuses still as long as I did the process the right way. I'm assuming the wrong process would be what I saw you can do it the uncordinated way where you just go to the state and swear in. But I can clarify I bit better if need be I was just curious and wanted to get the point across. Also I would be transferring from the Virginia Guard to the Pennsylvania Guard. Thank you for any of your input.

Re: About Transferring to a different state.

Originally posted by FoskeyJ88 View Post
    I know I saw that there was a bunch of posts about transferring and it could take about 1 to 2 months. But I dont know if thats what they saw or heard. I was just curious if anyone on here can tell me about the time frame it took them to transfer states from their experience. And I got 3 enlistments bonuses 5k enlistment bonus, GI Bill kicker and the SLRP. Like I was fast in joining and didnt really thing about I had to be in the state I was going to school in for them to pay. But When I enlisted at MEPS the guy I was talking to who was setting everything up for me was telling me if I was going ot transfer that I could get all my bonuses still as long as I did the process the right way. I'm assuming the wrong process would be what I saw you can do it the uncordinated way where you just go to the state and swear in. But I can clarify I bit better if need be I was just curious and wanted to get the point across. Also I would be transferring from the Virginia Guard to the Pennsylvania Guard. Thank you for any of your input.

I have done 3 IST's so far. Super easy. Simply just move. Find the IST coordinator for the new state by calling HQ, and he'll get you swore in. You have like 90 days or something. I went from Florida to New Jersey, New Jersey back to Florida, then last year from Florida to Colorado. The unit you leave may be butt hurt, but theres nothing they can do about it. You dont loose any bonuses or anything like that.

Comment

Check your SLRP contract to see what conditions/actions terminate your SLRP. You signed it, you should read it and know it. For example, if you are moving and you do not remain in your contracted DMOS, you will lose your SLRP--unless the change is command directed.

Comment

Originally posted by oceantrav;189314 [B
        You dont loose any bonuses or anything like that[/B].
        You most certainly CAN "loose" bonuses & other incentives if you transfer. Most incentives are linked to certain MOS's that are State specific. You need to contact your State Incentive Manager before you make any move.

Comment

Working...
        X