X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD FM 368 issues

I was active duty Air Force Security Forces for 4 years, finished my contract, went directly into the Air Force Reserve for about 6 months and then transferred into the Army NG as an MP and have been serving for 2 years. I have decided that I want to go back into the Air Force (reserve) because a position opened up for Loadmaster which is something I have wanted to do my entire time in active duty and regretted not choosing when I first joined the military.

I spoke to an AF Reserve recruiter and he told me that my enlistment would be easy being that my security clearance is still good and my MEPS physical is still good. However, I just heard from my unit that after the commander signs it, it gets sent all the way up to the state to be approved and could be a 45 day process. This is the first time I've ever heard of this. When I first transferred to the Army NG from the AF Reserve, my unit commander signed it and that was it... is the NG different? I told my recruiter about this and he said that "the commander should be able to sign it and that should be enough authorization." He could be wrong though...

The problem is that my MEPS physical expires very soon (1 month). I am really trying to avoid having to go back to MEPS. Is there anything I can do on my end to try to speed up this process?

Re: DD FM 368 issues

My DD 368s (What is a FM 368?) required final field grade commander approval. My Company Commander had to bless off of it first. Sometimes (probably now) a DA 4187 needs to be submitted along with the 368 to ensure the CoC is concurring with the request.

BTW, what is 45 days? It is not like you are active duty. You submit it and maybe by next drill (or the one after that), your request will be granted. Remember, there is no guarantee that your request will be approved. If you display patience and understanding, most likely you will get your way.
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 12th, 2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Kemosabe View Post
      My DD 368s (What is a FM 368?) required final field grade commander approval. My Company Commander had to bless off of it first. Sometimes (probably now) a DA 4187 needs to be submitted along with the 368 to ensure the CoC is concurring with the request.

BTW, what is 45 days? It is not like you are active duty. You submit it and maybe by next drill (or the one after that), your request will be granted. Remember, there is no guarantee that your request will be approved. If you display patience and understanding, most likely you will get your way.
      Sorry. Meant to write DD Form 368.

How long ago did you get yours signed? Was this recent? I only ask because I want to know what to expect...

Comment

No, mine were done in 1985, 1987 and 2003. Talk to your full-timer at your unit and they should have connections to expedite the process. Mine was a SFC that did for me. He is a still an AGR full-timer nine-years later.
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; July 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

There are other places to get physicals than MEPS.....For instance at FT Eustis.....you just schedule an appointment and they will give you a physical. Though it's two parts and you have to go back at a later time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobrakai View Post
            When I first transferred to the Army NG from the AF Reserve, my unit commander signed it and that was it.
            That transaction required a DD368 as well. Perhaps your unit generated it without your knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
              That transaction required a DD368 as well. Perhaps your unit generated it without your knowledge.
              I did use a 368. My AF Reserve commander just signed the 368 and that was it. Brought it to my ARNG recruiter and I was good to go.

Now to leave the NG, supposedly the commander does not have the authority to sign a 368 and it has to go up to the adjutant general. That is what my unit is telling me at least...

Comment

Now to leave the NG, supposedly the commander does not have the authority to sign a 368 and it has to go up to the adjutant general. That is what my unit is telling me at least...
                In most states, that is the case.

Comment

I did use a 368. My AF Reserve commander just signed the 368 and that was it. Brought it to my ARNG recruiter and I was good to go.

Each state is different. Local commanders have the authority by virtue of the form to sign it, but state policy sometimes dictates it goes up to the TAG.

Comment

Working...
                  X