X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD214 Question and Inquiry on Medical Status

This is going to be long winded. I'll try to minimize dragging it out. Get ready.....

Enlisted in Virginia NatGuard last year. Shipped to BCT/IET. Came up with a femoral neck fracture (grade 4 fracture of the hip) while still in IET (OSUT) training for 31B (Military Police) at Ft Leonardwood. Upon the discovery of the fracture, the Army "released me from active duty training" on my DD214 and sent me back State side for medical evaluation and treatment of my hip. The leave was intended for 6 months. I was instructed I was coming home on what was called a "Tricare release". I was to go back to my state RSP unit and use my NCO there to get everything in line. I was also to drill each month with the RSP unit. I arrived home August 11, 2012. Upon returning home on crutches, I was unable to seek medical care. They had not initiated an LOD (line of duty) prior to separation, therefor I was at a stand still in medical. I was finally able to get an "approved" LOD from Leonardwood around February 2013. I have gone through every attempt at getting my hip evaluated and have gotten no where, not even with the LOD. In DEERS, I am coming up as not eligible for MTF care and there are "no medical records" to be seen by either Army or now Naval doctors as I have moved to a location surrounded by navy facilities. I have passed the 6 month Tricare release date which would have sent me back to Leonardwood February 11th, 2013. I have an entire file full of medical records, enlistment ppwk, DD214 ppwk...ect. February 2014 will be 24 months of not being MOS qualified and they will be attempting to discharge me, however, they cannot do so (if I am correct) with me being "broken" as they will have to fix me before they can discharge me. I have been passed 2 rank promo opportunities (due to med hold), have no medical benefits and am simply in Army limbo land, yet still required to show up for monthly toy soldier drills. They are not valuing any of my training previously accomplished and are claiming if cleared, I will start from day zero. Simply due to the fact that I do not have a certificate of completing BCT because my training was OSUT, though I did not leave until 4 weeks prior to my MP graduation (more that halfway through AIT). I am outraged by everything. I have gone through my chain of command once and twice over as well as gone through the Inspector General and NOTHING is being handled. Not my medical care, not my contract obligations, training req's....NOTHING.

So, here are my questions:
    1.) My DD214 reads: Release From Active Duty Training, Uncharacterized, AR 635-200, CHAP 4 (Separation code: MBK) and the narrative reason for separation is "completion of required active service".
    WHAT DOES ALL THAT MEAN?!?! Its confusing. If Ive been chaptered out, why am I still drilling? And if I am still enlisted, how does this affect my contract?
    2.) Who do I talk to about handling my medical? This has been going on for over a year now and Ive documented every attempt Ive made at resolving my fractured hip but just continue to get tossed to the side.

I have lived with pain for over a year, have fulfilled my obligation to drill with my RSP and it simply cannot continue. Where do I go? Who can help me? What am I up against?

Re: DD214 Question and Inquiry on Medical Status

PFC, I got your PM. What happened? I graduated from 31B training at FLW in 2004. Your DD 214 is accurate based on your "active" service while at IET. National Guard has to do their part next.

Call the number on this website to assist you.

Good luck.

http://girightshotline.org/en/

Comment

What happened in reference to my the breaking of my hip? Or in reference to something else? Apologies. Not real clear as to the question. Also, what do you mean by the National Guard having to do their part? What should they be doing, or should they have done. I do appreciate the response. I am going to do some browsing on the link and make a phone call if/when I have all the ducks in a row. What a mess, eh?!?! Congrats on the 31B training. I was so proud of my MOS.

Comment

Ducks in a row???? You don't have your ducks in a row by now? You just call that number and tell the same story in your first post. The counselor will provide some advice. Call ASAP and not waste time.

Comment

Thanks on the congrats. That is why I have the MP badge in my siggy; even though its been six years since I left it. Remember in the DFAC you sign on the NG, RA or AD list? Well even though you were active at basic, you belong to NG. They will be the final discharge authority and you will get an NGB22 from them. NGB22 is the Guard's DD214. I will talk to your NG Chaplain as well and keep moving up the chain of command until you are satisfied with the resolution of your issue.

Comment

By ducks in a row, I meant my story straight. Ive gone through my story so many times now, youd think I would sound like a broken record. Sometimes when telling it, I get so angry I say the wrong things. I will call as soon as possible, as suggested. And I'm tracking now on the NGB22. Ive requested my NCO discharge me because Ive grown to almost hate the military now. He refuses and says my struggle to stay in this long gaurds his choice to keep me in. Ridiculous. Bet if I were his kid, he'd understand my frustrations. Hell, Id be happy if he would just do something, period. Ive gone through the chaplain as well as every other high ranking individual known to my state, senators included. They each simply tell my NCO whats going on, he repremands me for barking up the chain and acts as though he will jump right into to working on my case, then what do you know, another month goes by with nothing. However, I don't quit in any aspect of my life. So I'll carry on. Appreciate the help. I'll follow up with you once I call. Maybe my case can help someone else as well. HOOAH!

Comment

Good Evening Chief Kemosabe. I am writing on this thread, because your mail box is full. I am going to make this a quick question. With the Sequester, are prior service members of the National Guard having a difficult time returning? I had to walk away in May of 2012after 14 years, due to my mother being very sick with cancer. My ETS paperwork has me listed as R1. Any information provided, would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Boxer, thanks for letting me know about my inbox.

I am confused about your question. Are PS members having a difficult time return to AD or the Guard? Right now, with the amount of Soldiers being affected on AD by the sequester and getting early outs; a NG or Reserve transition is still a viable option for continued service. To get back on AD, that is another story which has a lot of hurdles and required a unique star alignment.

Comment

Working...
                X